Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
28 posts Page 2 of 3
Steven, I'm sure you looked lovely carrying your purse. :P

I tried a few things today, stuck out. will have to give it another go tomorrow.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi- It has a little finger ring on top of the chain, which isn't in the photo. I can thus clutch it in my manly hands and nobody knows I'm carrying it. :P

Bill- Thanks for the comments. You could have seen them in person you know, if it wasn't for the cats!
steven
images
Bill,
I think that you have made all of us women-folk happy again. I don't know if you have done buttons, but that might be a good theme in the future.
I just want to tell you again how much I appreciate the photo theme each week. It has helped me so much with ideas of things to photograph. It causes me to dig around in boxes and closets and find interesting things that I had forgotten I had.
Thanks,
Clara
Clara
Photography is an adventure; the same as life itself.
Steven,
Is that girl figurine in your avatar a flower pot. Those things are quite collectable.
Clara
Thanks Bill for the comments, there are lots of good ones already. I can't imagine making anything out of the tiny beads. There are at least 3 bead shops here so I think I'll go look for more this week.
Ellen
Clara.. your avatar is great. Did you do some kind of effect to it?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Kimi. I used the poster edges filter. They had a video on this filter in the subscriber section last summer.
Clara
Thanks Bill. The Rosary was the first thing that came to mind. My grandmother used to say she was saying "her beads".
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Thanks, Bill,

Suzanne was ahead of me on the subject but I posted anyway because I was so happy to take my first "macro setting" shot. And... I learned something. I always have known that DOF can be a problem with telephoto shots. I learned today that it can be even more a problem with a macro.

Because I was using a tripod, exposure time was of no consequence. That shot was 1 second at f/5. I should have pulled the aperture down to f/16 or so.

This lens was one of the door-buster specials at a camera store this weekend. Promaster 70-300mm, f/4-f/5.6, macro 1:2. I asked for comments last weekend and several forum friends had good things to say about it. So, I bought it Friday :D

I wish it had VR but, at $149.....

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Kim2900... a fascinating story!! Makes me wish I'd been there!! :twisted:
28 posts Page 2 of 3