Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
23 posts Page 1 of 3
Last weekend as I was collecting husband points by taking my wife to a bead show, I thought it might be a fun topic. It should certainly be colorful!! This week's theme is beads.

I've put a link to the theme on the Village site as well ...

Bill

The fine print:
Everyone is invited to participate.
Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme. Photoshopping is allowed.
To make this thread more manageable to view, please post only your entries in this thread. Post your comments in the accompanying 'comment' thread.
Be creative and have fun!
I used to make these crosses out of beads.
beads-web.jpg
(18.58 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Here you are - a selection of my bead collection, although the photo doesn't really show off their beautiful irridescence. This is my first time posting an image in the body of the messge. I hope it works!

Beads.jpg
(38.9 KiB) Downloaded 540 times

Bayla

EDIT: It works, it works!! - thank you Kim for your instructions :D
Seeing as how my house is devoid of beads and it rained last night, I did this

BEADS.jpg
BEADS.jpg (189.15 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
I have this old coin purse hanging on the wall with real small beads. I don't use it anymore due to the size of it; a penny doesn't go as far as it used to. ;)

steven
images
My choice of beads:

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
I found more beads! A friend made this multi material piece and I got it a few years back. Glass beads were used, as was paint, fabric, ribbon and plaster.

steven
images
Here's my attempt ... I tried to play with the depth of field a bit to blur them as they trailed out of the frame. Honest.
DSC_3325.jpg
(55.77 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

Bill
Great subject, Bill,
Why? - because I wanted to use my brand new lens in a "macro setting" for the first time.

Except to resize for posting, it's untouched except for Unsharp Mask - no cropping.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
These bags and wallet are a bit bigger so, Steven you are welcome to borrow them anytime, especially because I love your avatar.
Ellen
23 posts Page 1 of 3