Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
28 posts Page 2 of 3
I had a go at that tut with a photo of my niece. I spent the longest time trying to figure out why it was blue - I'd put the second layer of clouds on top instead of the parchment. Thank you very much for the idea and the inspiration Suzi. I wish I'd remembered about those textures Clara. I probably could have used one of them on this.

2-tone-clouds-frm.jpg
2-tone-clouds-frm.jpg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 592 times
~coco~
the view

from here
I used the duotone dreams action and another action called xframe (it puts the image on top of a blurred copy of the image)

duoxframe.jpg
duoxframe.jpg (89.21 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Same image as above but used an action I have no idea where I got it.

duoxframematte.jpg
duoxframematte.jpg (145.61 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thats a cool action Kim - do you know the name of it?
You guys are all doing a wonderful job, keep it up. Kim, you are going to have to find out where you got that action.
I didn't pay attention when I ran the action but it is a Bud Guinn action. It is the only file of his I have that doesn't say Bud's in the name after it is unzipped. It is called Bud's Signatures & Stuff and has 5 actions in it. Make a Logo, Signature Line, Brass Plate w/rivets, Pieces & Parts and this action it Round on Teak w/Copies. You can get it here http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm it is about 3/4 down the page under frames and borders. You can also get the DuoTone Dreams on this page a little higher up under B&W conversion

FYI, I increased the saturation on the wood layer to darken it from the default. The action will tell you that you can do that.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
If you want the xframe action I got it on the Adobe Exchange here

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i ... d=1045118#

If anyone is wondering, none of them work in PSE. I downloaded them all a year ago to try in PSE3 and 5 and they didn't work. I take that back. Duotones does work in PSE5

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here is my submission for this Monday.
I used the Faux Velvia 2.0 action on it.
Chas
Img00300035.jpg
Img00300035.jpg (21.43 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I played with an Orton Effect tut and then applied a Simple Zoom Out and Flip (I think) filter.
Clematis-017.jpg
Clematis-017.jpg (209.53 KiB) Viewed 546 times

Can you tell I was experimenting tonight? :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, that is what this challenge is all about, experimenting
28 posts Page 2 of 3