Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
It's "Make Art Monday" Show us what you got?

make a copy, change a blend mode, play with a filter
..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new.
Kimi asked me to post this for this week!!! Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!!!!
Here is one to start us off

art-monday1.jpg
art-monday1.jpg (111.26 KiB) Viewed 997 times
I took photo & added a texture to it.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Smart blur, found edges, invert, linear color, smart blurred again ... (I think that's what I did!)

Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I just used this for Sunny's crop challenge to help her out so I thought I would post it here too.

Duplicated layer, ctrl T to make top layer smaller, stroke outline color from the water. Blurred background layer.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Started out with a new blank layer, created a new layer for my brush, then ctrl click to select my brush, created a adjustment layer> pattern fill, ctrl click to select again> stroke outline with black 2 pixels, then added my image!
Make-Art-Monday.jpg
Make-Art-Monday.jpg (75.06 KiB) Viewed 911 times
This is a technique that I got from Photoshop User TV. There is a movie call 300 which is about ancient Persians or something like that. The only color that shows up in the movie is red and the rest of the picture is bronze. This is copying that style. It is done entirely in Adobe Raw. Matt Kloskowski was doing this effect on people, but I had trouble with the redness in people's faces showing when I turned up the red.

Attachments

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
Jesus Wept. Statue at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Oklahoma City, OK, across the street from the Oklahoma City National Memorial.
Jesus-Wept.jpg
Jesus-Wept.jpg (158.33 KiB) Viewed 866 times

After adjusting, I used Filter, Render, Lighting Effects, Blue Omni with Texture Channel Blue.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny,
That is a very touching photo of a great work of art. And you've turned it into another work of art.
You've captured the essence of what Make Art Monday is all about.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I had to do another after being inspired by Sunny's image for the crop challenge.
I used Artistic filter> colored pencil, I don't remember what I did next! :shock:
1exFefCHEzQJe7WbPmKh4ydrmyP.jpg
1exFefCHEzQJe7WbPmKh4ydrmyP.jpg (92.81 KiB) Viewed 849 times
19 posts Page 1 of 2