Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
I ran a "frayed frabric" action from atomic cupcake and then added the black so that the fringe would show up.

Great pictures Gail!

Cabin.gif
Cabin.gif (127.61 KiB) Viewed 753 times
Wonderful image(s) to work with.
Thanks Gail.

This could be a fine vacation rental. The attraction of running water is an added plus (sorry, cold water only) :D

Creative-12.jpg
Creative-12.jpg (127.18 KiB) Viewed 735 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Erik N's Watercolor Action; w/pansies from Italy.
Great-Smokies---1-copy-2.jpg
Great-Smokies---1-copy-2.jpg (178.92 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Wow, what a great bunch of imaginations. I thought I'd try one myself. The first is an attempt at the cabin.
- Opened, copied (cntl-j), switched off base pic, worked on copy
- Adjusted lighting (shadows and highlights) to bring out some of the detail of the front wall on the porch.I had to do a bit of cloning to get rid of a bit of noise.
- Then I saved as a psd.
- Then did a "hue/saturation", colorized it and adjusted hue and saturation to get a "brownish color"
- Textured with the saved psd on the "colorized" layer. Make sure size is 100% Adjust depth to suit.
- Did "Edge Effect" per Dave Cross' new video. Used rust flakes from elements presets. This now gives you a clipping group
- New layer below filled with brown color selected from the cabin.
- Selected lower layer of clipping group moved selection down to brown layer and stroked outside with black.
- Textured brown layer with mosaic tiles. Then stroked inside of perimeter of the brown layer with a very thin black.
- copied my bottom colored layed and moved to top and reduced opacity way down to bring back a trace of color.

I'm sure that somewhere there are effects that could have saved me some time. But this was fun and somewhat experimental for me.
cabin-A.gif
cabin-A.gif (147.96 KiB) Viewed 702 times
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
I tried as a colored sketch
Christell
Great-Smokies---1.jpg
Great-Smokies---1.jpg (78.18 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
15 posts Page 2 of 2