Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
40 posts Page 4 of 4
Well yes and no, right now we have a lot going on trying to get galleries and a few other things taken care of and we didn't want to commit being ready come Dec 1st to switch it out again. He is still working on getting all of this one up - it turned out to be a little more complicated than we thought it would be at first glance. I don't think we will switch until January. And then either do it monthly or at the very least quarterly. Either way we will have some creative challenge in Dec for a January banner. More details to come when we find out from experimenting with this one what works and what doesn't.
AngelicKim wrote:
hukari wrote: Okay, I got it fixed in the original post. Posting from the gallery is not so intuitive, at least for me. Maybe we can have a tutorial on that?

Thanks for the comment, Suzi!

Reka, I still don't see an image in your original post. You do now have a link to your gallery and your banner is there. Not sure what tutorial you are asking for. There is a thread on How to use this forum that has numerous tips for putting a url link into a word, uploading images into your post and many more.

Okay, let me try this again:

So, that worked for me, at least part of it is here!. Did it work for you guys? I tried linking to an image in my gallery, but could not get it to work. Does anyone know what the problem is? It worked in another thread, but I had to link to the original image. Isn't there a way to link to one of the smaller images on the main page for that image in a gallery?
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I haven't played around with it yet - but have you tried selecting the size you want the image to be and then clicking on it - that opens up a new window, and I'm guessing you can copy and paste the link on that page.
Yuck! That one didn't work either.

Jane, clicking on the link, or the image? Clicking on the link opens that size in the same window for me and clicking on that image does nothing. I'll try posting that address as an image.
Here:

See, that doesn't work either. Boy, I am not a slow learner, but this one has got me stumped. Here's another try:

Wow, did that work? I right clicked on the image, chose copy image address or something like that (remember, my Windows is in German!!!) and pasted that into the img code.
Reka
ImageMOM

Well in the prestophoto gallery you double click on the image and that bring up another window that only has that picture in it and the size that was checked.
Funny, that doesn't work for me, neither in Firefox nor in IE.
Reka
ImageMOM

jane wrote: Thanks for getting this started Kim and for the instructions!

Kim I have tried to look everywhere for your instructions and have had no luck. Can you direct me where to look? Thanks!

FYI - If anyone can give more help . . .
My husband is part of a boat forum and they are wanting a new banner for there web site. Here is the link to the home page: http://www.crowniehq.net/ to give you an idea of what they have.

They need their name logo (stay the same or improve), would like to change the picture to use a real picture (edit with layers of course) of three boths - or whatever looks good.

The kicker is they need the ad box on the left. It changes very few seconds.

Does anyone want to challenge themselves to help me - I welcome all ideas and help - this is not my cup of tea ALSO does anyone know how to add the changing ad on the left?

I have had PSE 5 for 2 months and just got PSE6 on my computer - all I have done is vey basic edits.

My husband has been great spending hours / days getting PSE 6 working on my computer - and then I stay up past 1:00 reading the forum trying to learn - so in his frustration of not seeing much of me - he is asking me now to help him and I don't know where to even begin.

Any help - MUCH apprecaited! :D
Marilyn

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it's like a disease.
Marilyn, the instructions are in the How to use forum features thread, Place an inline image.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15

The challenge to make a banner for your husband forum sounds interesting. Why not start a new thread on it in the Challenge Yourself category so more people will see it. Some don't always come back to all the threads and your offer could easily get missed.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Marilyn, I haven't looked to see if you got any answers in another thread, so excuse me if this is a repeat of information stated elsewhere.

You would need to save the file as an animated gif. Here are some tutorials:
http://www.classroomhelp.com/workshop/pse/animation.html
http://www.webworksite.com/animation.shtml
http://movies.atomiclearning.com/k12/la_animation_pse3mac/

The last one is for Mac and quite detailed, but I would think if you know the corresponding Windows keys it should not be difficult.

I haven't tried animation yet, but it is definitely on my to-do list. Good luck with yours!
Reka
ImageMOM

Kim & Reka,

Thanks for the links and helps. With thanksgiving this week - my calendar is over flowing so I want have a chance to try until next week. Thanks Kim for sugestion a new post. Sounds like a great idea.
40 posts Page 4 of 4