Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Down in the scrapping section we have a little challenge running to create items for a group kit based on a tropical color scheme. Even if you aren't a scrapper, and have never tried creating background papers or embellishments before - please consider expanding your horizon's and joining us. It is open to everyone - including the gentlemen! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1852
Pardon my ignorance,Jane......
What is with the numbers on the color swatches?
Maybe I should leave the scrapping to the ladies?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
The numbers are the color numbers - so you get the exact color. Graffi was nice enough to make up a color swatch file so all you have to do is download and install it and you will have the proper colors. (Instructions are included in the thread).

Guys can certainly be artistic and creative - and we do have a few guys that previously participated. I even know of a few guys that are professional digiscrap designers.
I really don't have a clue what a kit is or exactly what it is one is suppose to do with it. If some ask me what scrapping is I would have to say "Are you sure there is an 's' in that word?". Having explained how much I'm out of my element, this is an attempt at making paper using four of the colors given. Please let me know if this along the lines of what your looking for.

Attachments

Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Gary those are wonderful backgrounds. Glad you are joining us.
Those look great Gary! And I bet you have some nice beach scenes from your recent trip to Hawaii - crop them to the right size (12x12) and try a water color technique on them and they would make great background papers too. Got any pictures of shells, leis, palm trees etc that you can select out? Those make great embellishments.

And don't forget to post your work down in the scrapping section. :D
Gary, those are great papers. Glad you decided to join us. Gail is usually the only guy that participates with us. Although the QP challenge we did at PET we did get GaryK and I think Will to play along too.

I have to get busy and make something this afternoon.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Jane,
As far as color numbers are concerned,I have no idea what you're talking about. Should I know about them?
Been using PSE since version # 2 and I'm really at a loss... Is there a tut about them?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas, Someone who knows color management better than us beginners will come along and give a more astute explanation. But for a quick fix; in Elements click on the background color as if you want to change it. When the color scheme comes up look to the right side in RGB blocks; you will see numbers between 0 to 255 in each square. Below these blocks you will see a block with a # in front of it. In the block is an alpha-numeric sequence. Now move the selection option around in the color scheme and all these numbers and alpha-numerics will change. They represent the particular shade you have selected. Jane's colors in her color swatch are designated by the alpha-numerics. That way you can go in to the color scheme selection and enter these in the block preceded by the # and match her colors. It is easier to download the swatch that Graffi provided. i hope this makes sense. I had to go through this learning curve and am still learning.

Good luck. :wave:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Let me have a go at explaining this, Chas. You know when you click on your foreground or background color and it brings up the color picker for you to choose a color? Down at the bottom of the color picker is a box with a # sign before it. That's where you put the number of the color you want to use. I don't have PSE 2, but I assume you'll have something similar. If this doesn't help, I'm sure someone will come up with a better explanation for you. :).............Gail beat me to it.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
14 posts Page 1 of 2