Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
32 posts Page 2 of 4
Let me throw mine in before someone thinks of it. ;)
Made a copy, flipped it so I would have a nice reflection, applied the wave filter, slight Orton Effect.

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Here's my version.

Attachments

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
6 layers 1..orginal, 2,virtual painter(impasto) 3 virtual painter (silkscreen) 4 impressionist (damp transluent) 5 impressionist(crackled paint2) 6 impressionist(soft paint smudge) different blends and opacity

chicago.jpg
chicago.jpg (74.3 KiB) Viewed 497 times
suzib - I really like the effect you got. You can still recognize the Sears Tower peeking out from the other buildings! It almost reminds me what it would look like on those subzero days when everything is icy! I love it!

Christell - I've been wanting to try one of the tutorials to change daylight into night. I like the sky color, it reminds me of a beautiful Chicago sunset. I'll have to check out that tutorial and try it on a few Chicago pics. Thank you!

Rusty - That looks so cool ... reminds me of those big posters you see advertising Chicago. I really like that effect when you break up a photo with separate frames.

Kimi - I love that Orton effect. You've made Navy Pier shine ... very nice!

Clara - I love it! Would you mind sharing with me how you did that. I really like that a lot!

suzib - Very pretty ... reminds me of a piece of silk that you've done batiking on. Is that how you spell it? That;s really nice!

You guys have all done a great job ... you're all so talented and remind me that I need to try new things!

:cheer2: :chickendance: :cheer2:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Thanks for posting the challenge, Julie. Here's my not very original attempt.......used Bud's action and Edges action. It's been a long week at work, and my creativity is sorely lacking tonight.

large.jpg
large.jpg (215.83 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny,
I love it! It reminds me of a advertisement for a beautiful sunny (no pun intended) day in Chicago for tourists. I'll have to try those actions out.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
tinkerbell,
Your creation is beautiful!! Can I ask what process you went through to come up with that and also what kind of background you used with the writing. It is beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie,
Hope you like my black and white rendition of the Chi-town skyline.
Chas
1NaXvyJ7r4R3Lkj3xPgPb4Vtv2p.jpg
1NaXvyJ7r4R3Lkj3xPgPb4Vtv2p.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I could not resist a chicago skyline.
32 posts Page 2 of 4