Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
32 posts Page 1 of 4
Show Off Your Imagination - Creative Challenge #14

Thank you Sunny for tagging me. I panicked a bit tonight when I remembered that tomorrow was Friday and I had to come up with a photo for the challenge. I finally narrowed it down to two images and couldn't decide, so you're getting both of them!

Here is how this challenge works. I've posted an image, your challenge is to do whatever you want to it and post your results along with what you did to get the effect you came up with ... IF you can remember all the steps you took.

I'm posting two photos and you get to take your pick. You can work on either one, both, or combine the two photos. I took these photos while I was in Chicago last summer. One is of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan taken from Navy Pier. The other photo is of Navy Pier and Lake Michigan.

There is no time limit to this challenge. Feel free to post as many times as you want. Remember to have fun!

Image Image

If you want a full size higher definition to work on you can get them from my prestophoto gallery. Here:

Chicago Skyline - http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/771523/21865

Chicago Navy Pier - http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/771524?refresh=1

If anyone would like to volunteer for next week send me a PM by Monday or I will be tagging someone.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Combined both photos.
Christell
CC#14.jpg
CC#14.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Oh now that is very cool Christell! The Chicago skyline is one of the most beautiful skylines during the day or night. You have created a beautiful view, especially for this Chicagoian who is very homesick right now! :D
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Now that is a fun shot......I want to go too! I will do this challenge tonight.....I have a fun idea. Not realistic but if it works out a fun picture. Good choices Julie, I wouldn't be able to decide either.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
used about 6 different actions,,will look at history text and edit later ...back with how to. used three actions MW illstration(sp), MW contract mask V2, and Kent's sketch and charcaol (on the last one make a copy of base moved to top blend linear burn opacity 62%) all these actions are at atncentral.com

MW-Illustration-Action_3-copy-3.jpg
MW-Illustration-Action_3-copy-3.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 839 times
One more try. How about the fair at night...(Transforming day into night)
Christell
CC#14-nighttime.jpg
CC#14-nighttime.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Christell's Creations

very nice Christell...how did you do that??
Suzi,
It is in PET Vol.4#8 newsletter page 18 turning day into night. Just noticed the 1st one I posted I forgot to erase the blue sky out of the ferris wheel. How stupid of me...If I have time I will edit it.
Christell
Christell's Creations

Thanks, Christell, for the information.
Two great images, Julie,
I wouldn't have been able to pick one over the other either.

Creative-14.jpg
Creative-14.jpg (147.09 KiB) Viewed 780 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
32 posts Page 1 of 4