Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
32 posts Page 2 of 4
My daughter visited last summer in July...

Fourth-Flags.jpg
Fourth-Flags.jpg (141.75 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Rusty :)
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
just a red softball t-shirt

Wow, Red is a hit this time. Red is my favorite color and so close to Valentines I thought it was a good choice. Love the pictures everyone.

Hope EYES, next week goes as well. :bigwink:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
A ruby should qualify, I hope. (It might be a sapphire, but who's going to quibble?)
elginrubyWeb.jpg
elginrubyWeb.jpg (156.58 KiB) Viewed 442 times
The "tell" part is pretty basic. The watch is an Elgin National, made in 1905, according to the serial number. It's had a hard life, as two bazillion scratches on the movement and the case can attest.

There's another shot of this watch in my gallery.

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
That's a great micro shot steve. What lens did you use?
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Thanks Gary,
I appreciate the compliment. I used my ancient Honeywell Pentax Auto-Bellows, and my even older Super Takumar 55mm f2 lens from my first "good" camera. Both date from the 1960s, back in the days when Pentax lenses were thread-mount and Really Heavy to carry around. I got an adapter from Adorama that allows threaded lenses to be used with modern Pentax bayonet-mount cameras.

One of the reasons that I went with Pentax when I digitalized (digitalizated? digitated? :rotfl: ) was the fact that I could use my 1970s - 1980s K-mount lenses, and when I found out about the adapter for my thread-mount lenses, I was in Cheapskate Heaven :biggrin:

I love our new Smilies, as you may have noticed.

Steve
I forgot about using bellows to extend the focal lengths. That's cool that you figured a way to adapt old methods to digital technologies.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Using the bellows is about 50 times easier with a digital camera - like many other aspects of photography. I'm not the most patient person in North America, so being able to see what I did immediately makes it a whole lot more fun to experiment.

I miss film photography and my wet darkroom Not One Bit :thumbsup:

Steve
Spotted this one while walking this afternoon on the Seawall in Galveston. Sure looks like this Mustang can fly!

Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Here's my red
CaliSanta-copy.jpg
CaliSanta-copy.jpg (197.33 KiB) Viewed 375 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
32 posts Page 2 of 4