Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Some time ago Kimi suggested dishes or a dish as a theme. I think we'll see some fun interpretations of her theme. Thanks Kimi!

Bill

The fine print:
Everyone is invited to participate.
Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme.
Photoshopping is allowed.
Be creative and have fun!
I'll lead off this week.

Bill
One of my favorite thrift store finds.

Attachments

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
Bill,
Please tell me WHAT is in that dish? :biggrin:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie,

I'll anticipate Bill's response that his dish contains EVOO and balsamic vinegar... I can ruin my whole meal with that if I'm not careful!

Byron
Well, the season is past,
but the snow sure isn't...

#121-Dish.jpg
#121-Dish.jpg (121.58 KiB) Viewed 782 times

Rusty :D
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
We've got a couple different seasonal dishes so far.

Clara it looks like you're ready for spring with your duckling ... nicely done

Rusty's weather has him stuck in the deep freeze for awhile. I hope Wisconsin thaws out soon for you Rusty. Nice shot though.

Julie - Signor Byron is correct .... extra virgin olive oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar. A perfect way to overeat before the meal is even served. ;-)

Bill
Rachel Ray would be so proud of you using EVOO :D
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
This is my very first Yorkie collector plate that I purchased in the 1980's, it's called "Take Me Home".
photo theme #121.jpg
"Take Me Home"
photo theme #121.jpg (207.84 KiB) Viewed 712 times
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
The challlenge here was to reduce the scope to a manageable size. We have collected dishes, bowls, platters, etc, etc. galore over the years. I decided to just do the ones that are made out of wood. Except for the centerpiece all were taken where they are located. The centerpiece was emptied of rocks and crystals so you could get an idea of the artistry and craftsmanship. It is setting on a mirror so you can get a look at the underside too. As you can see we have angels, rocks, a whole lot of et.al.'s at our place. Enjoy.
dish-bowl-collage.gif
dish-bowl-collage.gif (169.61 KiB) Viewed 660 times
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
13 posts Page 1 of 2