Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
wow, you guys have done a great job.
sunny, you are going to have to share what you did with yours
Kim, that is such a touching image, love it
Clara, spring finally, we got to BBQ today. Love the yellow flower
Smiles, the pelicans are adorable, again share
If any of you are doing something new, think about the newsletter or members tutorials. :cheer2: :cheer2:
Pen and Ink drawing (in watercolor).

old-school or church.jpg
old-school or church.jpg (231.55 KiB) Viewed 525 times

Sorry, I just couldn't take the other one. :x

:wave:
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
-------------------------------------
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Suzi - I did it late last night and thought it looked neat enough to save for Make Art Monday. I've got all my layers...........just wish the history would save along with the layers. I should have made notes. Anyway, when I began, I intended to see what I could do with Dane's doodling on such a large piece but took off on something else. After I did Smart Blur, Edges Only and inverted, I did several adjustment layers, hue/sat, levels and contrast. I put a copy of my background on top and played around with blending modes. Wasn't excited about anything I was seeing, so I ran a simplifier on it, added a frame and grunged up the edges a little.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Before...
MakeArt_before.jpg
MakeArt_before.jpg (130.19 KiB) Viewed 550 times

After...

Very quick: Filter>Distort>Diffuse Glow>0-5-10
I think this would look good with a statue but couldn't quickly find one handy.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
looks cool, rusty. Now put some lights in the windows and a ghost here or there and would be terrific for halloween
I used part of the technique for Saturday Knight Challenge #1 and then kinda drifted off and did my own thing. I added a texture and then as an afterthought I added a photo of slaves and lowered the opacity on it to appear as if the people were ghosts.

An interesting fact about this photograph is that this is only slave quarters on the Rippavilla Plantation in Spring Hill, TN that remains. During the Civil War Rippavilla had 100 slaves and there were many quarters similiar to this. About 300 feet beyond this area was the family cemetery along with the slave cemetery attached. Only chunks of stone were used as headstones in the slave cemetery.

Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
That's great, Julie.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks Suzi for inquiring, I used filter-sketch>photocopy I am not sure what the settings were. Then changed the blend mode to multiply and lowered the opacity. I will work thru it again and make sure.
19 posts Page 2 of 2