Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
31 posts Page 2 of 4
I sure hope the sun comes out :|
I tried some indoor shots using a flood; couldn't get far enough away with a focused light source to cast a crisp shadow.

Would have really been in business yesterday: bright sun and lots of interesting shadow patterns on the snow.

Rusty

PS - Steve, keep Bob the Wonder Cat as an active subject. He's a Dude; I enjoy seeing him.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I just got back from Florida where there was plenty of sunshine, but there is no sunshine in Georgia today.

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
No sunshine in Arkansas today, either.
shadow.jpg
shadow.jpg (200.26 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
We went to the beach today, specifically South Beach just south of Newport, OR. Beautiful weather. Temperature in upper 50's (F) very slight breeze and sunny. One of those perfect days for just walking and relaxing. I took several pictures of Quill trying to capture a reflection of him on the wet sand as well as his shadow. AS it turns out this one is the first one I took. This is exactly as I took it, except sized for this forum. I tried several PSE things, but none of them did the actual photo justice. Considering that this may well be Quill's last visit to the beach, it is a fitting tribute to him.
DSC03323.gif
DSC03323.gif (94.76 KiB) Viewed 541 times
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Oh, Gail, that is so sad, and I don't even know our dog. Your picture and your words literally made me cry. I hope he had an awesome day, and I hope he gets to go back.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thank you very much, Sunny. Quill is about 13 years old and has tumors in his bladder and prostate. He is on some medication that helps for now. He always loved the beach (what dog doesn't) and use to run so hard when he was younger. We know we are faced with that awful decision relatively soon. But, as long as he remains comfortable and still has that "Quillabee" spark we just keep enjoying him. Thaks again.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
one more

sue-193.jpg
sue-193.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Finally found something...

#122-Shadow.jpg
#122-Shadow.jpg (64.5 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
i dont know if there was enough shadow but.. But this is my best friend , she watches over me everyday.
~In Loving Memory Of Alisha Marie Parks~
10-14-1988 - 11- 12- 2005

We are having some nice sunny days in the 60's & 70's.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
31 posts Page 2 of 4