Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
58 posts Page 2 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
bamagirl i really like how soft yours looks almost like you created it with chalk.
Thank you, I wish more members would try try to do something to the photo also. ;)
I think right now there is so much going on i think a lot of people are just trying to acclimate. I am sure it wont take long though. We have an adventureous community.
Thanks for the complement. It was late last night and I forgot to post what I did. It was indeed the impressionist filter on the colorful chalk setting. I feel like I am home here. I am babysitting the grandbaby this weekend-but I am going to get my avatar and my gallery done soon.

Clara
Clara
Photography is an adventure; the same as life itself.
1Hpj9tvKUSJehvHVdIYvpzG3imb.jpg
(88.92 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

*Orton Effect*
Merge Visable name Orton
followed by *Sketch Effect*
Merge visable name Sketch
followed by *Watercolor Effect*
New Layer-soft brush low opacity, painted over washed out pumpkins to give some color
Duplicate Original layer and move to top of stack, set to soft light at 63% opacity
Duplicate Orton layer set to multiply @ 53% opacity
New layer-eyedropper a color from veggies and brush of choice to create border
New Layer-select border-select inverse- stroke selection @ 3 px in another color from veggies
Apply inner bevel to both border layers
Used text Little Days with inner bevel

I think I got all the steps I took, but may have missed one... :D
Have a blessed day today & always
Amanda
Official Website~Challenges & Photo Blog~Design Blog
My PrestoPhoto Gallery Anna's ABC Book
Canon 300D, Canon 50mm, Sigma 28-80 w/ macro, 430EX Speedlite, PSE5, LR2, Win XP...and Santa's bringing a 40D!!
Just to make it a little more vibrant,(OK quite a bit more vibrant ;) may have overdone it ) I did a real simple Velvia simulation in CS3.
Select Image->Adjustments->Channel Mixer.(You'll have to click"open all menu items" to find this) You can use diferent settings to lessen or intensify the effect,but be sure all your adjustments total 100%
For Red Channel, choose +190% for Red, -45% for Green, -45% Blue (Total 100%)
For Green Channel, choose -45% for Red, +190% Green, -45% for Blue, (Total 100%)
For Blue Channel, choose -45% for Red, -45% Green, +190% for Blue (Total 100%)

Attachments

Way to go both of you. It is nice to see things are getting back to normal. Create, create, create
I opened in Camera Raw and boosted vibrance and saturation. Then I opened in Editor, did levels adjustment and ran Buzz filter (circa 250%). I then displayed grid and use impressionist brush on a new layer in an up/down pattern until grid was filled. Fun challenge. I keep trying to put this post at the bottom of the stack....not sure if it's going to end up there. If it doesn't, I'm sorry.

Attachments

Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
It's so fun to see how everyone goes at this from a different angle! Thanks for starting it.
pumpkinschallenge.jpg
(123.46 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
That is nice Linda ,and you are so right they all look so different.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
58 posts Page 2 of 6