Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
32 posts Page 1 of 4
Here is how it works. I am posting an image, your challenge is to take this image and do whatever you want to it and post your results and the instruction as to what you did to get the effect or look you came up with. (if you can remember all the steps you did) Have fun. If this flies I will ask someone else to post an image next week. If you would like to be next to post an image for us to show our imagination with let whoever has the the challenge that week know so they don't ask someone else to do it.

With your instructions to what you have done can also serve as mini tuts for everyone in the future.
There is no time limit on this so it will not expire. Post as many times as you want.
Chas
Img00270044.jpg
Img00270044.jpg (19.97 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,

Where can I download the file from?
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Boy, do I need to get a life other than this forum, lol

what I did, turned it into night, added light in the windows,stars, and a visitor at the front door

number-3.jpg
number-3.jpg (135.33 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Here is mine.
Hibe, Chas was having trouble uploading a larger file to download. You can right click on this one and save it and use it or wait until he comes back on later and uploads a larger one through Pixentral.

Susan, that looks great, and you are confusing me with avatar changes. I like Frosty yesterday. This one is cool too.

Judy, that is really nice too with the effect and framing.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim..I am having trougle deciding with holiday one to use...trying to find one that covers everyones different holiday. Not having much luck
O.K. folks,
A larger photo to work with has been posted from Pixentral. Have fun.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Well,I guess I should do a little something to this photo. I've added Dave's Simplifier Action and added a sandstone texture filter.
Img00270044-copy.jpg
Img00270044-copy.jpg (18.76 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
Chas's Gallery
chas3stix wrote: O.K. folks,
A larger photo to work with has been posted from Pixentral. Have fun.
Chas

Too late... Already copy the image and came up with this.

I wanted to create an illusion of a nightime scene with the building being lit up by 4 different spot lights. I started by copying the background layer (of course), then darkening it; made four copys of this; used the render/lighting effects (one light for each layer). Then changed each layer mode (not sure that's the right term... still new at this) to lighten. ...voila

Attachments

Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
suzib wrote: Thanks Kim..I am having trougle deciding with holiday one to use...trying to find one that covers everyones different holiday. Not having much luck

Try a candle :)
32 posts Page 1 of 4