Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
It's hard to keep track of when all the challenges are. Can anyone running a challenge PM me the weekday for their challenge if I have missed it? It would be a good guide for new members. (Maybe we can eventually make it a sticky?) I can then consolidate them into this post. Up to now:

Sunday:
Photo Theme by BillZ in this forum

Everyone is invited to participate. Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme. Photoshopping is allowed.

Monday:
Make Art Monday by kimi_boo in this forum

It's "Make Art Monday" Show us what you got: make a copy, change a blend mode, play with a filter..... anything goes as "ART"

Tuesday:
Creative Homework by kimi_boo in this forum

As always this assignment is open to EVERYONE who is reading the forum. Our lessons never end so if you find this late, please feel free to add your image. Remember.... if you see an image that you like. Please let your fellow students know about it in the comment thread. Everyone likes a pat on the back. There is no right or wrong process here. The point of the creative homework is... to be creative.
Just Jump in and Have Fun!! :mrgreen:

Wednesday:
Crop Challenge by a tagged member in this forum

The rules for the challenge are:
* You must crop the image.
* The crop can be any size you want.
* You may do other edits if you wish.
Then repost your photo on this thread for all to see.

Thursday:
Grant's Challenge at http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Challenge/

Rule #1: There are no rules.*
Rule #2: See rule #1.
* While there are no rules there are some guidelines. This Challenge is to take the image of the week, rework it with Elements, then send it to me and it will be posted. Artistic interpretation is the challenge.

Friday:
Show off your IMAGINATION/Creative Challenge by a tagged member in this forum

Your challenge is to take this image and do whatever you want to it and post your results and the instruction as to what you did to get the effect or look you came up with. (if you can remember all the steps you did) Have fun.

Sketch Challenge by Wags in "Digital Scrapbooking"
Here is the next template/sketch - let's see what you can create! :D

Continuous challenges and other fun:

Seasonal: Holiday Quick Page Challenge by AngelicKim in "Digital Scrapbooking"
Make a holiday quick page for whatever holiday you celebrate in the month of December. Post an inline image in your post of your page (500 px widest side) and post a zipped file of your full sides .png file. Remember to flatten your .psd before saving it as a .png. Also make your page 300 ppi.

Photo Scavenger hunt
You post the specific imaged asked for then you get to request the next image to be posted.

True or False Game
First, look at the statement the person who posted above (or before) you posted. You respond to it as either 'true' or 'false', then come up w/ another statement for the person below you.

Funny Pages....Joke of the Day..come get a laugh
Post something to make us laugh!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka, looks like you got all the ones from the Challenge Yourself category. Their is also a Scrapper Challenge, Friday Sketch Challenge. As well as a new one that is not a weekly one but for the month, Holiday QP Challenge.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks, Kim! Got 'em!
Reka
ImageMOM

If I recall correctly? :P

Reka... didn't you volunteer to host a "Get Technical with CS" assignment each week?

Pick a day sweetheart. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
What did you think my motivation for this thread was, hun? :D
It looks like only Saturday is open. Hmmm...
Reka
ImageMOM

Saturday sounds perfect to me. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Well, if I post it Saturday morning here, it will be Friday evening for many of you. Especially She-Who-Never-Sleeps... :mrgreen:
Reka
ImageMOM

hukari wrote: Well, if I post it Saturday morning here, it will be Friday evening for many of you. Especially She-Who-Never-Sleeps... :mrgreen:

You need to lay off that good european coffee Reka. Although, I already had two strong lattes today. I just can't touch the stuff after 8pm or I'm up all night.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
I see no reason why we can't have more than 1 challenge start on any given day. For me personaly(sp) the more the better. It sure helps my learning curve.
Hibe wrote:
hukari wrote: Well, if I post it Saturday morning here, it will be Friday evening for many of you. Especially She-Who-Never-Sleeps... :mrgreen:

You need to lay off that good european coffee Reka. Although, I already had two strong lattes today. I just can't touch the stuff after 8pm or I'm up all night.

Oh, did you think I am She-Who-Never-Sleeps? Nope! She knows who she is! :P
You are lucky about coffee. I can't have any after 3pm or I don't sleep!

suzib wrote: I see no reason why we can't have more than 1 challenge start on any given day. For me personaly(sp) the more the better. It sure helps my learning curve.

Actually, Saturday would be pretty good for me to post, since the kids are in school and I don't usually have to cook lunch till 1, a half-hour later than usual. Saturday my husband sometime cooks, or at least helps, too. :) I will think about it and will let you guys know ASAP. I have already tried out the next three vids. Cool! You guys are gonna have fun and learn LOTS about CS3!
Reka
ImageMOM

10 posts Page 1 of 1