Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
31 posts Page 1 of 4
First of all thanks to Chas for tagging me to submit a photo this week.

Here is how this challenge works. I've posted an image, your challenge is to do whatever you want to it and post your results and some instruction as to what you did to get the effect you came up with.... IF you can remember all the steps you took.

A word about the image to help you figure out your approach. It was taken from the observation floor of the Garden Tower building located in Tokyo's Ebisu district. The building with the red ball in it is called the Sunburst Building, and it is home to the Hinomaru Driving School. I hope you'll have fun with it ... I think we'll see quite a few abstracts. ;)

There is no time limit on this challenge so post as many times as you want.

If you'd like to post the image for next week's Friday creativity challenge send me a PM. First come, first served. If nobody volunteers by early next week I'll tag someone.

Bill
I'll go first here as I have inventory at work for the next few days and don't know when I'll get to revisit the forum.

To get the circles I created a new solid color layer with a halftone line pattern ... then filter > distort > polar coordinates > rectangular to polar, and resized that layer to move the 'bulls eye' over the red ball. I used the magic wand (contiguous OFF) to select alternate rings of the circle, trashed the halftone layer and duplicated the selected area of the background on a second layer. Then I added a bunch of noise to the background and applied a filter > blur > radial blur > zoom, centering the zoom over the ball to further draw the eye in. Bevel and emboss on the circle rings.

Bill
How about a Gotham City Look, that's what it reminded me of!
Graffi's Actions> Sketchy Paint>Comic Book
Comic-Book.jpg
Comic-Book.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
it's a messy exploding sphere..isolated sphere..smudge out lines..added lighting...duped radial blur twice, then motion blur.duped moved around duped and moved again..added a color layer lowered opacity..and finally a grunge overlay lowered opacity

1I3aFL8nK2LvUCFlliLIjiUPfxq.jpg
1I3aFL8nK2LvUCFlliLIjiUPfxq.jpg (232.5 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
nice one smiles
Whoa Suzi! Big explosion, that looks great! I will warn DH about this town, I wouldn't want him hanging Iron there! :mrgreen:
Thank you smiles, was in a weird mood when I did it..now going to do a nicer one
a more serious one..two actions Graffi's old romance and one that made the frame (got that one from atn central)

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (90.3 KiB) Viewed 997 times
Oh I like that, Suzi! You are gonna make me go visit Graffi again! :mrgreen:
Thank you Smiles..he has some wonderful stuff
31 posts Page 1 of 4