Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
28 posts Page 1 of 3
Thanks first to Bill for tagging me to submit a photo this week.

Here is how this challenge works. I've posted an image, your challenge is to do whatever you want to it and post your results and some instruction as to what you did to get the effect you came up with.... IF you can remember all the steps you took.

This week is a two fer. The first is a sign I saw yesterday outside a local Hallmark Card Shop. I have no idea what it is about but just had to go back today with a camera. The second was taken this summer in Waukesha, the county seat city just to the west of where I live.

You get extra credit if you can put the two together! Otherwise, do one or the other.

There is no time limit on this challenge so post as many times as you want.

If you'd like to post the image for next week's Friday creativity challenge send me a PM. First come, first served. If nobody volunteers by early next week I'll tag someone.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
OK, I'll kick it off. After all, it was my image so I had a head start :D

I had a great idea how to combine the two images. Alas, am not even close to the skills required :oops:

Nothing real fancy here. The seals are three original images; most of the blending was in the water area and just a little bit of the rocks where I used a combination of Spot Healing Brush and Clone Stamp tools.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wow Rusty VERY CLEVER!! Excellent
Will have to try tonight when I get home from work.
Thank you
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Rusty, you are the greatest!

Attachments

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
I combined them, hope you like it. Not to great but hey, I tried.

imagecreative4.gif
imagecreative4.gif (172.41 KiB) Viewed 1317 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I am having too much fun with animation

imagecreative4v2.gif
imagecreative4v2.gif (112.59 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here's mine.

Not much to this one. I used the Magic Extractor on a picture I had of a seal. And, luckily I also had a picture of a real reindeer from the zoo one Christmas (don't think he was a very happy camper!) Anyway, I made a selection with the marquee tool (feather high), then did Ctrl-Shift-I to invert the selection, then hit delete key til I got the edges faded enough. Then I just dropped the two into the original picture. Oh, and I used the clone stamp to do some more dirt around the reindeer to blend in a little with the original background.
Is there a way to make the pictures bigger so you can read the text? I know I can just click on mine...but I can't read Clara's and nothing happens when I click on it because it wasn't done using Pixentral.
Rusty wrote: ... I have no idea what it is about

Rusty -

No idea what it means either ... but soon after seeing your image I saw this in Sacramento!!!

I think it's time to be frightened ... very, very frightened.

Bill
Y'all obviously don't have female grandchildren. Webkinz are little stuffed animals. You buy the animal and then you get to spend money creating a world for that animal online. You can buy toys, houses, etc. for the animal. There is a big competition to see who can have the best "world' for their Webkinz. It is a big rage among girls from about 7-10. It is another way to sucker money out of parents and grandparents.
A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
28 posts Page 1 of 3