Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
152 posts Page 15 of 16
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Louise and Russ there are many tutorials on creating brushes.
Here is one http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselem ... mbrush.htm
This month has produced some great photos! I'm temporarily off-line on 'my' computer (borrowing son's pc) so don't have much chance to comment.
Judy, Thank you for the brush information. Think I might just be able to follow that one and understand what I am doing.
There's nothing like waiting until the last minute to finish something. My last entry for the 8 pictures is the low angle photo.
DH and I went for a drive today down through the Snake River Canyon. The walls of the canyon in this area were lined with small groups of water falls. The theory amongst scientists is that there is a river in eastern Idaho (Lost River) that sinks into the ground and emerges at this point in the canyon. Because of the heavy snowfall and unusually high amounts of rain, the falls are running very high this year.
Now for the angle, Notice at the bottom of the falls where the water hits and then bounces back up at an angle. Really had to stretch to get that one. LOL!

Attachments

Nice waterfall, Louise,
I was glad to learn something from your explanation of what I was looking at.

Alas, I only accomplished 5 of 8 this month.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: Alas, I only accomplished 5 of 8 this month.

Rusty

Slacker! :P

I didn't get loner. I guess I still have one more day...

Louise, I never knew waterfalls bounced. :D

Courtney
Courtney, The falls probably don't bounce, but I didn't know any other way to describe the water flowing up after it touched bottom. :?
Louise,

I'm just kidding. I knew exactly what you meant and from your photo, bounce is a good description. :) I've been wondering how one of the larger falls in my area (well, a 45 minute drive) is looking now. We've had a lot of rain recently and there was a lot of snow in the mountains this spring.

Courtney
OK, Courtney, I got one more on the last day of the month so I'm not a total slacker.

Most lawns are "unnatural creations". However, I've got some really lush stuff growing under my hanging finch feeder. I suppose I could read the label for "Goldfinch Mix" to see what kind of spilled seeds are creating this natural carpet.
Natural.jpg
Natural.jpg (125.68 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Rusty

There ya go, Rusty. You still have 12 hours left. :bigwink:

Courtney
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Only 8 hours now but, here are the last two of my May Eight!

Would you believe we have now had two straight days of 80° weather? That's high 80s. :woohoo:

Today I installed screens in our downstairs windows (we are awhile away from turning on the AC).
Porous.jpg
Porous.jpg (115.15 KiB) Viewed 432 times

And... in anticipation of such weather, I bought a new pair of shoes last week
Leather.jpg
Leather.jpg (115.08 KiB) Viewed 432 times

Now I can start on my June/July Eighteen :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rusty

Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
152 posts Page 15 of 16