Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

I'm starting this off with a grunged photo of a thistle bush. The technique is on the PET site.
Chas
DSC_0743-copy-copy-copy.jpg
DSC_0743-copy-copy-copy.jpg (216.85 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Here is mine. I used Topaz Detail 2 run through twice (Color Jump, Interior Strong Detail) then did a Gaussian Blur.

Pictures is of a 1971 Buick GSX. Her name is Grace :) and I've had her for about 4 years now. She is my car, I picked the color scheme for her. Hubby's is a 1970 Buick GSX 455 Stage 1 that is Saturn Yellow & Black.

Attachments

Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Grace sure is pretty! It would be fun to have a car like that.

Courtney
I agree with Courtney, that's a cool car.

I revisited something I hadn't done in a long, long time. High Key.
I started with this:
DSC_3727_Before.jpg
DSC_3727_Before.jpg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

...and then created this:
DSC_3727_High Key.jpg
DSC_3727_High Key.jpg (140.25 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty that turned out beautiful. I'm going to have to give that one a try with one of the nieces pictures.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
It's a very elegant look isn't it, Julie?

My June issue of Popular Photography arrived today with a high key face on the front; that was the spark. When you look at 'before', it's easy to say, "Yeah, that's a second grader." When you look at the high key 'after', you are thinking, "That's a second grader?"

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
tnjewels wrote: Rusty that turned out beautiful. I'm going to have to give that one a try with one of the nieces pictures.

Indeed, I too think it turned out really well. I hope to see a high key portrait of one of your nieces, Julie.

Courtney
Rusty that looks awesome.
Rusty,
The high key portrait little girl looks like she could be one of Princess Katherine's bridesmaids. Yes it is very elegant looking!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
13 posts Page 1 of 2