Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
213 posts Page 1 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 Next

Jolly June & July, everyone !

The May photos were Wonderful. :toast:
Thanks to all who shared their photos and thanks to those who viewed the challenge.

This time of year is busy, as we tend to find ourselves outdoors, away from the computer more. Let's try something a little different & combine shooting for 2 months with the same list of 16 photos during the months of June & July. All are welcomed to participate.

Thanks to Courtney for providing more than 1/2 of the listed subjects.

1. Starts with "J"
2. insect
3. fish
4. under
5. recreation
6. model
7. rebuild
8. work
9. landscape
10. diffuse light
11. peeling/flaking
12. slanted
13. kitsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch)
14. bay
15. porch
16. pop up

extra - photos using any subject from prior months.
extra - recent photo/s you consider a favorite. Or a processed image/s that especially pleased you. (Please include the before image.)

Two substitute subjects are OK.

If you don't accomplish all 16 photos, please post what you do shoot, even if you only have 1 or 2. A little background regarding the photo is always interesting.

Photoshopping is optional.

Wishing you 2 fantastic months to enjoy your photography.
Please let me know what you think of combining 2 months.

Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks, Betty and Courtney - can't wait to get started. Am looking forward to seeing others' interpretations, also. 2 months will give us lots of time - good idea!

Mary
Thanks for the new thread. I know it has to be difficult coming up with 8 different subject each and every month - in this case it's 16 subjects. Thank you for doing it every month.

I'm jumping the gun by posting a day early. I woke up early this morning and went for a walk at California's San Onofre State Park. I enjoy that area and go there often - with my camera and/or surfboard.

The bay you see in the picture [on the left] is actually on the Camp Pendleton Marine base.

The structure you see in the distance, at the top of the cliff, is the San Onofre Nuclear Plant.

An entry for something starting with the letter "J" is a photo I took this morning of the jacaranda tree.

Another entry for something starting with the letter "J" is a different photo I took this morning of a different jacaranda tree. BTW: I was holding my camera straight, the road I was on is on a hill.

Mary, thanks for the favorable comment about the new format for June & July.

Nice start on the monthly photos, Russ.
Courtney was of considerable help with the subjects for June & July, so it wasn't difficult to develop the list.
Betty
saw these 2 bay horses when on a walk this am.
sh-bay-0611.jpg
sh-bay-0611.jpg (193.8 KiB) Viewed 946 times
Betty
Russ,

I've never heard of a jacaranda tree before, but I think the color of the flowers is lovely.

Betty, I never knew what color a bay horse was. Just a fancy way of saying reddish brown? The top horse looks really neat with its black mane and tail in motion.

Courtney
wow Russ what a beautiful tree!( i never heard of it either).
Betty i just love horse photos and these are two beauts.
mtbspike wrote: Russ, I've never heard of a jacaranda tree before, but I think the color of the flowers is lovely.
Courtney

ladybug wrote: wow Russ what a beautiful tree!( i never heard of it either).

Judy and Courtney: The Jacaranda tree is fairly common where we live in SoCal. The beautiful flowers only last a few weeks, sadly they are past their peak so my photos weren't taken at the best time. Yesterday I was driving home after shopping at Costco with my DW when she saw a street lined with Jacaranda trees. I didn't have my camera but I will go back this morning and get a picture to post. You'll never guess the name of the street or maybe you will? I'll post a picture of that also. It'll be Friday because I'll be gone all day today.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 Next
213 posts Page 1 of 22