Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
20 posts Page 1 of 2
It's that time of week again.
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!
This photo has been "Popped" and then a gradient applied.
Chas
_DSC0039-copy.jpg
_DSC0039-copy.jpg (59.66 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I'd use this for 'kitsch' except that I took it last month. Captured in Louisiana early on our trip.

Attachments

Chas i love the photo pop and Tennie the cajun time is great especially the gator.
I intended to use this as one of my June Eight but will keep it in my hip pocket and keep looking for alternatives.
Flaking.jpg
Flaking.jpg (116.77 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Converted to B&W with a Virtual Photographer preset called "linen". That gave it some texture but, I can never leave well enough alone, so I added some film grain and then an overlay of "canvas" from PSE.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas, nice b/w with pop
Tennie, terrific kitsch with a real LA flavor
Judy, those little booths were lots of fun, just like your art.
Rusty, great texture.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
My art usually revolves around tonal balancing. When/if I ever get it right, I consider it art, so this is only partial art.

I Wasn't real sure where to put this. Thought of Chas HDR thread.
I came across this off-beat technique while trying to expand dynamic range. It's primarily for those with CS, but might work in elements if there is an exposure adjustment (with gamma) in elements.

sooc:
sooc-bridge.jpg
sooc-bridge.jpg (122.51 KiB) Viewed 853 times

equalize (image-adjustments)
bridge-equalize.jpg
bridge-equalize.jpg (173.13 KiB) Viewed 853 times

added an exposure adjustment layer
moved the gamma slider to the left some , moved the exposure slider to the right a little.
bridge-equalize-&-exposure-gamma.jpg
bridge-equalize-&-exposure-gamma.jpg (169.77 KiB) Viewed 853 times

the order of the layers is not the same as the images above:

in PS:
on top: exposure adjustment layer
middle: the equalize layer
bottom: sooc image

adjust the opacity of the equalize layer, maybe change the mode to luminosity.
No mask or selections were used on this image, but usually I would use both.

At this stage, I might try a b/w conversion with chocolate, split toning, etc

Usually, a mask is needed when utilizing an equalize adjustment & the exposure adjustment. I would have used both in this edit, but didn't this time in order to keep the steps to a minimum.

This is just an alternate method to using camera raw.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Here in Omaha, thanks to some pork from Washington a few years back, it is possible to walk across the Missouri River into Iowa via footbridge. The bridge is about a half mile long. Right now, the Missouri is above flood stage, and I took this picture to document the height of the water. Under normal circumstances, the far bank of the river is at the clump of trees in the middle of the picture, and the part of the bridge in the right half is over dry land.

As far as art, this pic is my attempt at faux HDR done by hand in PSE7. It was shot near sunset and facing eastward, so was pretty dark to begin with. I'm fairly pleased with it, although somewhere along the way I introduced some haloing along the horizon. I was too many layers and edits out (and too tired) to go back and fix it.

So, for what it's worth:

I've posted this once but it has disappeared! (Mind you, life has been like that today). I'll post again and hope we don't end up with it twice!

Playing with Topaz filters and textures

textured-picture-framed.jpg
textured-picture-framed.jpg (95.98 KiB) Viewed 830 times

This is the original
textured-picture-original.jpg
textured-picture-original.jpg (85.07 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Angela, that's a great photo; I really like how you textured and processed it. Thanks for the before version to compare it to.

Courtney
Thanks, Courtney. I am only just venturing into textures. With me it is certainly a bit of hit and miss as to whether I get a result I like!
Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
20 posts Page 1 of 2