Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
95 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
We are up to 22 pages in the "June / July Thread"
Let's start a new thread for July. Use this one to start posting as you round out the sixteen subjects we started with.

1. Starts with "J"
2. insect
3. fish
4. under
5. recreation
6. model
7. rebuild
8. work
9. landscape
10. diffuse light
11. peeling/flaking
12. slanted
13. kitsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch)
14. bay
15. porch
16. pop up

extra - photos using any subject from prior months.
extra - recent photo/s you consider a favorite. Or a processed image/s that especially pleased you. (Please include the before image.)

Two substitute subjects are OK.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Well this is only my third topic - there are still a lot of the 16 to go! I managed to get quite a few of the topics ticked off whilst we were away and will add them a few at a time. Here are my efforts for insect. I spent ages trying to take photos of bees on flowers, with very limited success. Then we walked a little further and discovered this very obliging red dragonfly!
red-dragonfly.jpg
red-dragonfly.jpg (93.97 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

And when we got back aboard the boat we found a nice shiny green beetle climbing over the ropes!
beetle-1.jpg
beetle-1.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
This one is for pop-up! The photo was very dark and taken on a slow speed so mother bird is blurred.
One baby definitely popped-up and demanded food on her arrival!

pop-up-small.jpg
pop-up-small.jpg (96.33 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Angela, all 3 are excellent. The baby bird pop up is a terrific catch :thumbsup:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Angela,

Those are 3 really good photos. I love the bright colored insects you found. The bird nest photo must have been tricky to get. How close were you? I bet momma bird wasn't happy with you! (Speaking from experience, ha ha.)

Courtney
I agree with Courtney, what wonderful, bright bugs!

I think the wing blur adds a lot to the barn swallows. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks for the kind comments, folks.
Courtney - the bird shot wasn't too hard to take. It was more of a snapshot. We were walking along a row of shops in Zakynthos Town and I noticed the parent birds flying in and out from a nest in the corner. I had my camera to hand and when the parent came in again I took two quick shots. The first had the hungry chick. By the time I shot the second all the chicks were quiet and Mum had gone. I had a bit of post processing to do to get rid of the noise and lighten the shot up a bit but in all honesty it was a lucky snap shot. Right time right place!
Here is an offering for diffuse lighting. It was taken just after sunset at Ayios Nikolaos on Zakynthos island's north-east coast.

diffuse-lighting.jpg
diffuse-lighting.jpg (95.98 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Angela, all your posts are excellent. I'm wondering what camera you are using? Whatever it is, you take wonderful photos with it.
EDIT: post moved to 2nd page.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
95 posts Page 1 of 10