Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
95 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Thank you, Courtney.

REBUILD; The first photo is of an old grain elevator in the "malt barley capitol of the world" which is Fairfield, Montana! The Anheuser-Busch Company took down the likes of this one and rebuilt humongous new ones as shown in the second photo. The house in the lower left corner gives an idea of how large these are!

Attachments

POP-UP: This White-Tail buck sure popped his head up fast when he spotted me! A second later he was outta' there! Taken on a ranch near Great Falls.

Mary

Attachments

Mary -- Wow, you are doing all the good ! I'm enjoying all 7 photos - really nice, as well as interesting! :thumbsup: Looks like you had a great trip.

Angela, I think I forgot to mention how much I am enjoying your holiday photos as well. Your images offer a view of an area of the world, which I've never visited. It's so nice of you to share those views.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Mary, your elevators sure look familiar. And, I'll be seeing them soon.

When we go to visit Courtney we cut diagonally across Minnesota to northern North Dakota and pick up US-2, called the High Road by the locals. We take that all the way across ND and thru most of Montana. The highway parallels railroad tracks and, every 40 miles or so will be a cluster of houses surrounding a much more impressive cluster of grain elevators ... right there alongside the railroad tracks.

If we are traveling in October or November we see strings of 100+ grain cars pulled by 4, 6 and 8 train engines. One after another after another. Constantly moving alongside the highway.

America really does feed the world!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, hearing your plans makes it easier to come up with an October list. If you change your travel plans for another month, please let us know. :D

Mary, I love your pop up deer. Unfortunately, about 10 days ago, a deer popped up right in front of my van --- $3,000 worth of popping up. :o
Betty
Rusty - That's a long road trip from Wisconsin to Calgary! We did the High Line from Fort Peck to Whitefish a few years ago. The High Line is unique in its own way, all right. It held lots of promise for homesteaders around 1910 but was a disappointment to many, mainly because of dry weather with small plots of land, I believe. We drove out to the fields of Rudyard and I took photos of lone, deserted homes.

Betty - Am so sorry to hear about the deer crash. It's probably a good thing that you weren't in a regular car!
We're back in NE Washington now with plenty of deer around. I drive pretty slowly particulary at dusk and at night. Hope you're suriving the heat down there - doesn't look like fun!

Mary
I'm trying to get the J/J list completed. Bear with me if the images aren't totally clear...my eyes are still a bit blurry and I'm not sure if I'm seeing correctly.

The 1st is for 'kitsch'.
kitsch.jpg
kitsch.jpg (200.39 KiB) Viewed 488 times

The 2nd is for 'J', juveniles---in this case, flamingo juvies.
juveniles.jpg
juveniles.jpg (211.12 KiB) Viewed 488 times

3rd is for 'recreation'. The cheetah was playing catch...here she was about to leap into the air for a spectacular play.
cheetah.jpg
cheetah.jpg (201.92 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Tennie, great photos. The cheetah playing catch is just wonderful. :thumbsup:

Mary, should you ever wish to post photos of your High Line trip, the History & Landmarks thread would be a good place for them:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8296&start=90

What concerns me about deer popping into the street is the number of folks who ride motorcycles & scooters. I have friends who ride both. People (including myself) tend to forget how quickly they can appear. However, it sounds as if you're usually on the look out.

Yes, the temps are awful. This is the 23rd straight day for 100+. It is 107 at 6 pm tonight. The upcoming 10 day forecast looks like the past 22 days. :crying:
Betty
bjt wrote: Mary, should you ever wish to post photos of your High Line trip, the History & Landmarks thread would be a good place for them:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8296&start=90

Thanks for the tip, Betty. Just downloaded a photo to the thread.

Heard about Texas again on the news tonight. Hope you're finding some ways to keep cool.

Mary
An entry for insects. I think honey bees can be looked at as being insects. This morning I looked outside and saw a swarm of bees - there had to be thousands of them. A few are still flying but the majority are all clumped up it the tree. I have read that they do that when the queen is looking for a new place to set up housekeeping.

Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
95 posts Page 8 of 10