Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
95 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
I'm happy to report that the swam of bees I posted yesterday are no longer in our tree. I have no idea where they went, but I'm very happy they left.
I have been enjoying all the photos - sorry I haven't commented on them individually. I thought retirement meant you had plenty of time!
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Russinator wrote: I'm happy to report that the swam of bees I posted yesterday are no longer in our tree. I have no idea where they went, but I'm very happy they left.

No doubt! That must have been pretty weird.

Courtney
I'm running out of July and still have a ways to go. Here's one more...
Landscape.jpg
Landscape.jpg (137.43 KiB) Viewed 459 times

Not very dramatic but this has local significance. Lapham Peak is the highest point in Waukesha County, probably in SE Wisconsin as well. Increase Lapham (just love some of those 19th Century names) was unsuccessful in attempts to get the young state of Wisconsin to start a weather forecasting service. He and one other man was instrumental in getting the Federal government to establish the National Weather Bureau in 1870.

Recordings made from where I took this picture were used to send telegraphic weather forecasts for Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, that's a beautiful landscape. The history is interesting. thanks for sharing
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
RECREATION: Caught this one (no pun intended) this morning on Curlew Lake in NE WA.

That wraps 'em up for June/July - such fun as always!

Mary

Attachments

Mary, sure looks like a nice lake for recreation.

------------------

Just too hot to go looking for kitsch, so I made my own

a wine bottle for a vase
sh-kitsch-0711.jpg
sh-kitsch-0711.jpg (72.66 KiB) Viewed 445 times

enjoyed getting the bottle ready to use for a vase, too :D
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Most people would settle for a picture of a couple fishing for Recreation. Mary had to go the extra mile and wait for them to catch a fish!

I think I would work on a whole big collection of vases.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Clever, artistic shot, Betty!

Rusty wrote: Most people would settle for a picture of a couple fishing for Recreation. Mary had to go the extra mile and wait for them to catch a fish!

Ha - truth be told, Rusty, it was DH who spotted it in his rear view mirror while waiting patiently (kind of) for me. I had taken the photo below and was walking toward the car when he called to me!

Attachments

Mary, nice to have a good assistant (your DH). Good timing in the fishing shot!

Betty, sometimes we have to sacrifice for our art, even if it means finishing a bottle of wine. :bigwink: Good kitsch shot! I took one today but will see if I can come with anything better before posting it.

I finally found a few "starts with J" subjects.

Attachments

Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
95 posts Page 9 of 10