Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
84 posts Page 8 of 9
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Russinator wrote: I always wondered what a crab apple looked like. Now I know.

They don't all look like those! Angela, you've got much different crab apples than I've seen on this side of the ocean! Ours are generally red, from purple red to bright red, about the size of a cherry, and round. Your photo turned out great. My crab apple tree blooms like crazy every spring, but never produces any apples, which is fine with me (no clean up). I'll look for a tree in the neighborhood with some fruit and get a photo.

Courtney
Courney i agree the crab apples in this area are very round and yellow.
Mary, that's a wonderful photo of your friends beautiful cake. What a treat!

puffin31939 wrote: Love the picture of the school bus, Betty. It looks really good. Do I detect a bit of Topaz adjust in the processing?

Thanks, Angela -- yes, Topaz was used. Love their programs.

I, too, will be on the hunt for US Crab Apples. I'm not sure if I've seen any in this area. So, I'm curious if there are any.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Looks like I have set off a crab apple hunt!

Courtney, I was always told that these were crab apples. They have been in my garden for 40 years and I was given the plant by my mother. I hope to make my first ever crab apple jelly soon so I do hope that they are crab apples!

Betty - yes, I like the Topaz plug-ins too.
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
fwiw: September list tomorrow

I came across some entertaining inspiration: 25 classic kids photos

http://www.digital-photography-school.c ... nspire-you
Betty
Mary, I love that beautiful cake. Good photo of it.

Betty, a school bus and football practice are perfect for summer's decline. I have a couple not-so-original photos for that theme. I really like the way you processed your travel photos - the textured RVs and travel #2 that looks to be perhaps Topazed. Great results!

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney, your photos truly represent summer's decline. It's nice that you still have some pretty, vibrant blooms remaining.

Thanks for you nice comments. Yes, Topaz came to the rescue again.

btw - for those who might have missed the announcement - there will be a new Topaz plugin out this week - Black & White. Tennie can share all the info regarding the goodies in the plugin. What is really a step ahead for Topaz Software are the 'brush & transparency' features included in the new plugin :thumbsup:

edit: Angela also has the latest info about Black & White.
Betty
I didn't think I would, but I got island! Chris loves to dig in the sand and today we went to a little local lake. He happened to create an island, so I grabbed my phone and took this shot.

Betty, thanks for your comments.

Courtney

Attachments

Gee - I wish I would have thought of making an island. Neat idea that Chris had !
You & Chris are a good team.
Nice shot !
Betty
I thought I was done for the month but, 3 days and 1,600 miles later, I was back home this afternoon with one day left to process and get something posted in August. I took this Monday morning from the sidewalk outside Courtney's house; Chris starts school here tomorrow.
End of Summer.jpg
End of Summer.jpg (114.08 KiB) Viewed 493 times

I didn't screw around with the colors, I was shooting right into the morning sunrise. Yeah, we got started real early!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
84 posts Page 8 of 9