Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
133 posts Page 12 of 14
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Rusty that is so wonderful. Made me grin.
Kept looking for a real game, but no good opportunity was apparent.

here's a substitute for game.

This is only one of the many groups of birds, which excitedly flew/hop over each other a short distance to peck on the freshly tilled field.

It looked to me like a game of 'leap frog', as they progressed across the field.

sh-bird-game-0911.jpg
sh-bird-game-0911.jpg (98.25 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
No crab apples in this area, so far. But, many 'horse apples' which are known by the other names, i.e. 'hedge apples', 'osage orange' & others They are ripe now with a fluorescent green color

During the past couple of weeks, I discovered that the trees were very helpful to many settlers in this area. They were planted for wind breaks & fences. The wood is pretty & desirable. Currently, it is used for bows, fence posts, & decorative items.

The 'horse apple' trees were successful for fences because they grow in tangled masses with many discouraging thorns. (The dead branch in the image shows the long thorns.)
There are still remnants of fences on farm land (upper right image) & along the roads (lower left image).

I've know 'horse apples' just about all my life, but never knew until now that they were anything more than a nuisance. When I was a girl, boys threw them at everything ---- even girls :evil: They hurt!

better view:
http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pictu ... WaDZpCCOj0

temp-147-apple-bow.jpg
temp-147-apple-bow.jpg (164.45 KiB) Viewed 528 times

The squirrel is about the only animal interested in eating the 'apple' --- & they love them!

Template #147 by Julie --- thanks

more facts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclura_pomifera
Betty
I wrote down the list of subjects and then I forget them at home. :doh: A lot of good that did me writing them down! All I could remember was two of them. Today was the start of our fair. It's quite the big deal here in the county. My first pic is for "game" and the second one is for "object with the letter "e" in it's name".

Game

game.jpg
game.jpg (189.85 KiB) Viewed 503 times

Letter "e" in the name (Ferris Wheel)

ferris-wheel.jpg
ferris-wheel.jpg (223.12 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Betty and Judy, thanks for the nice comments.

Betty, nice shots - I particularly liked your beetles. The guy in the middle looks like a creature from outer space!

Rusty. that's a neat gym shot - red shirts always seem to jazz up a photo, don't they?

Julie, I really like the angle of your ferris wheel with the ticket sign in the corner.

Mary
Mary, thanks for the nice comment. I also think the beetles are alien looking.

Julie - real nice photos. I also like the angle of the ferris wheel shot. Sure is nice that you joined in this month. Hope you become a regular.
Betty
Ray Roberts State Park (North Central Texas)
sh-park-0911.jpg
sh-park-0911.jpg (146.99 KiB) Viewed 490 times

The park is along the shores of a 30,000 acre reservoir. Access to the best scenic shots are temporarily closed. Hopefully, next spring, things will be back to normal.

Betty
PRESERVES/JELLY: Here's a half used mint jelly jar hauled out of the refrigerator for the occasion!

Mary

Attachments

PARK: Yesterday was very dark and rainy - no one in the park - summer must really be over!
This is # 8.

Mary

Attachments

Mary, what do you mean, noone was in the park? Look at the charming little squirrel at the base of the tree. :) You beat me to the ripe tomato picture; now I have to see what else I can think of for that topic. Or I could try to think of another way to photograph ripe tomatoes. Hmmmm

Julie, I really like your ferris wheel shot.

Betty, those horse apples are a lot nicer than what we call horse apples. :bigwink: Interesting plant. Good interesting page too. I like your beetle macro also!

Courtney
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
133 posts Page 12 of 14