Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!
Happy Labor Day Monday.My art submission is a derelict engine block that has an HDR treatment and a diffused frame.
Chas
DSCN0602.jpg
DSCN0602.jpg (180.22 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Shot this two weeks ago in the course of visiting Courtney. I revisited the "faux mat" tutorial I posted here a year ago.
MaM Bow_River.jpg
MaM Bow_River.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 960 times

larger version here: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3141744/19932

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Love that machinery art, Chas.

Will have to try that tutorial, Rusty. It's a beautiful image. Any local county fairs you can enter it in?? :)

Mary
Me+machinery art=gear head(I guess) :rotfl:
Love the framed painting,Rusty. Was it Topazzed by any chance?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
That tut is not difficult, Mary. Except ... I don't think the guy writing it up did a very good job. Needed more screen shots to illustrate the steps. It's in the section "Elements Tutorials Links". No fairs here ... all done for Wisconsin.

Chas, I screwed around with three or four different "paint options". I thought the SOOC shot was pretty good but wondered if it would look better "painted". I tried several do-it-yourself creations and finally decided I couldn't improve on the Topaz "Buzz Sim" preset ... right out of the box, no adjustments.

Thanks for commenting.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas i see a face in your machinery . Rusty that really looks painted, beautiful.
Nice art Chas & Rusty,

This is my contribution this week.
http://www.asa100.com/ Scott Stulberg portfolio

It takes a few seconds to get going, but worth the wait. The background new age & world music is wonderfully different, not repeating often.
I wish his art was my work. However, I wouldn't include a nude female, even though it is beautifully presented. (Although, if I were a guy, I probably would :) )
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
very beautiful photos Betty.
Couldn't get far from home yesterday so shot my hawthorn blossoms again. Light oil paint, vignette, and impasto varnish.

Attachments

Tennie, beautiful painting ! thanks for sharing your technique
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
10 posts Page 1 of 1