Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
130 posts Page 1 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next

Hello, Everyone !

Here it is, our first full month of fall, a terrific time of the year.
Thanks to all who shared their September photos. They were super !

Thanks Mary & Rusty for providing suggestions

1. leaves/trees
2. silhoutte
3. cloud formations, which look like an object
4. container
5. object with the letter H
6. abandoned
7. fall flower
8. berries/seeds

Please remember to post subject photos taken during the month of October. Older photos are nice for comparison, however the primary photos should be captured this month.
-- Two substitute subjects are OK.
-- extra - photos using any subject from prior months.
-- extra - recent photo/s you consider a favorite. Or a processed image/s that especially pleased you. (Please include the before image.)

If you don't accomplish all 8 photos, please post what you do shoot, even if you only have 1 or 2. A little background regarding the photo is always interesting. Photoshopping is optional.

All are welcomed to participate.

Have a wonderful month finding photo ops.
Suggestions for upcoming months are always appreciated.

Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks for putting this thread together for another month. I always look forward to the photos that everyone posts.

An entry for leaves/tree is our apricot tree with it's falling leaves. All those plants you see under the apricot tree are orchards. Now that I take a second look there's one plant that's not an orchard.

If anyone would like to see a larger version of the apricot tree open the link below.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Photograp ... zMQJg-A-LB

An entry for fall flowers.

The apricot tree and orchards are on the west side of our backyard. On the east side we have several flowering plants. I'm not sure what makes a flower a fall flower but they are blooming right now and it's fall. I guess that makes them fall flowers.

Here's the view looking at the fall flowers from a distance. To see a larger photo open the link below.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Flowers/B ... WwPRs-A-LB

Below is a close up of the fall flowers that we enjoy in our backyard. To see a larger photo open the link below.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Flowers/B ... KBhv7-A-LB

Lot of fun themes this month, Betty.
I think a 'proper' cloud image is going to be the most difficult ... sorta like last month's "hard to believe" :bigwink:

Here's my first (I started with the easiest of the lot)...
Letter H.jpg
Letter H.jpg (126.8 KiB) Viewed 1029 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Yeah,I know Rusty, you were there for the chicken wings..... :rotfl:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
An entry for the letter "H" would be a "Hot Rod"

An entry for trees. I just mowed the grass this morning and snapped this picture of our pepper tree. In 1997 this tree was only 6 inches tall when I planted it.

Here I was out looking for an actual letter H; Russ was smart enough to see that you don't have to photograph the letter to show the letter!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hopefully back in the swing of things. Went for a walk and shot some leaves.

leaves.jpg
leaves.jpg (215.68 KiB) Viewed 983 times

Then I spotted this guy trying to Hide among some leaves.

hiding.jpg
hiding.jpg (170.23 KiB) Viewed 983 times

So that makes 2 for the month already---leaves and 'h'. Of course, if I need the actual letter I'll have to keep looking!!!
Rusty wrote: Here I was out looking for an actual letter H; Russ was smart enough to see that you don't have to photograph the letter to show the letter! Rusty

Rusty, I never considered that's what we were being asked to photograph - something with the actual letter. Now I have to rethink my entry. I live in a city that's called Huntington Beach, finding an H somewhere in the city should be fairly easy. I'll give it a shot in the morning.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
130 posts Page 1 of 13