Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
130 posts Page 11 of 13
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Tennie, I do see the face with the bulging eyes.

Great clue! I looked and looked for the face, then I read this post and immediately saw the eyes. Sure, there it is. :biggrin:

An old log cabin within the walls! How cool is that! I got Topaz B&W for my birthday ... still learning how to use it; I haven't gotten good enough yet to do anything like what you did.

Rusty, all 8 finished --- well done !!

Well, that's 8 counting Mickey mouse. I'm still looking for a real cloud shape.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Here's an abandoned structure that was used in the late 1800s for an operation involving mining silver. I took this photo in the town where my grandfather grew up - Silver Spur, Colorado.

There is a road not too far from my home that I think would have a lot of abandoned stuff to photograph. But I haven't made time to take a drive down in. I did however pass by this abandoned barn twice (different days, completely different light) recently. I processed both photos and have decided I like the soft moody one better.

Courtney

Attachments

I also like the first one better.
The mood, especially the sky, fits the building.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Here's an old abandoned pier I ran across. I actually went there to surf [that area is famous for it's waves]; however, where I had to park there were some guys I didn't trust so I turned around and left.

An entry for silhouette. That is my son and daughter-in-law in the photo.

Some great images this month.I particularly like the abandoned buildings. Not doing so well myself - clouds are stubbornly remaining just clouds and I am struggling with abandoned. Luckily I still have a few days!

These flowers were beside the cycle track this morning. It is autumn and these flowers were out so I hope they count as autumn/fall flowers

autumn-flowers.jpg
autumn-flowers.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
And this was the scene as I cycled along beside the river this morning - leaves and trees. Both this and the previous image have had a touch of Topaz Adjust or Detail and Simplify

trees-leaves.jpg
trees-leaves.jpg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
An entry for leaves/tree. My sister knows that I'm active with this group and looking for a picture of fall colors. Knowing that we don't get that sort of thing in SoCal she send me this photo and asked me to post it for her.

Courtney, both versions of abandoned are really nice. I like both a lot.

Russ, great captures. Your sister must love fall. It would be nice if she would become a member & post more of her photos in the 'monthly 8'

Angela, your photos & editing are so pretty.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
130 posts Page 11 of 13