Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
21 posts Page 1 of 3
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

posted for Chas
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
busy on a cactus bloom
mam-bees11.jpg
mam-bees11.jpg (213.11 KiB) Viewed 948 times

mainly shadows & high lights adj & a little T buz on petals
Betty
Love the close up Betty. I am really thinking on getting a camera that can do wonderful close ups like your. Nothing high end though. Maybe black friday is waiting for me.
Pretty cactus flower. Love the busy bees.

Used some of the new Topaz presets (ended up with one of the 'grunge' ones).
new fashion?
Betty, wow, great detail on the 3 bees and flower! Nice close-up! I don't think I've ever managed to get 3 bees on one flower at the same time like that.

Tennie, I like how you left the man's head out of the photo and how the light is just on the snake. The preset gave it a nice look.

Courtney
Tennie, perfect composition !

Thanks for the nice comments Judy, Tennie & Courtney. The bees were abundant & agreeable at that particular time.
Betty
No bees in attendance where I was last week....it was sooooo cold that hard boiled eggs froze inside the cooler!Brrrrrrrrrrrr....This is a photo of a place I didn't visit...an honest to goodness three holer. Those hard rock miners were a hardy bunch. Topaz B&W Effects was used.BTW I'm glad to be back and thanks to Betty for taking care of business in my absence.
DSC_0998-copy.jpg
DSC_0998-copy.jpg (92.62 KiB) Viewed 918 times

Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Ne bees here (no 3-holers either).
MaM_9176 Simplify.jpg
MaM_9176 Simplify.jpg (138.02 KiB) Viewed 915 times

Anybody recognize what this is?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
It looks like the innards of a pre-digital time piece. A pocket watch perhaps. Rusty, you've been using your new macro lens again with a touch of Topaz simplify maybe?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Got it in one!
My father's Elgin pocket watch + Topaz Simplify. Yes, the Nikkor 40mm Macro.
I did another version that I also liked using Topaz B&W Effects...
MaM_9176 B&W Opalotype.jpg
MaM_9176 B&W Opalotype.jpg (149.55 KiB) Viewed 911 times

I started with the Opalotype preset and then made some modifications to make it look like part had been hand tinted. I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what in the heck "opalotype" was:
Opalotype or opaltype is an early technique of photography. Opalotypes were printed on sheets of opaque, translucent white glass; early opalotypes were sometimes hand-tinted with colors to enhance their effect. The effect of opalotype has been compared "to watercolor or even pastel in its softer coloring and tender mood."[1] "Opalotype portraits...for beauty and delicacy of detail, are equal to ivory miniatures."[2]

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
21 posts Page 1 of 3