Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
21 posts Page 2 of 3
Funny you should mention Elgin watches.....My Aunt Laura and her husband John lived in Elgin, Ill. My uncle John worked at the watch plant until he retired. Small world,no?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas, I bet you are glad to be home where you don't have to eat frozen hard boiled eggs.
We kept the thread going for you while you were on your adventure.
Great toning for the primitive privy.

Rusty, love your art - both versions !
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Be creative #207-umbrellas.jpg
Be creative #207-umbrellas.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 516 times
I followed the tut here on this picture. It was fun to do & easy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GKipkUS ... ture=feedu
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Christell, I love it!!!!!
Is that NOLA ???

If so, good memories.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Yes, Rusty, it is. We shot pictures for the school's volleyball team in Kenner and they won state champs on Saturday. It finished early enough to drive to New Orleans not being too far from Kenner. This was taken walking to the French Quarter. Those colorful umbrellas caught my eye.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Great results with the technique, Christell
Betty
Just wanted to mention to those with Adjust5, I used the dodge tool (which worked fairly well) & applied. Then changed to the Adjust4 category & used the color boost preset. The color didn't take where I had previously used dodge --- only unsightly bright spots. So, I changed categories for different presets. Still the dodged areas were a problem. Otherwise, Adjust5 has been quite nice to use.

Are there other Adjust5 problems happening?

btw: I posted in this thread, because it seems to fit with Make Art --- there are Adjust5 users posting here. (Didn't think it was worthy of a new topic anywhere.)

:)
Betty
I'll give that a try and see if I get the same results. I haven't used the dodge feature yet, just brush out.

For some reason I don't have 'permission' to reply with 'quote'. Naughty me!
BJ, I did give it a quick try.

First shot was total disaster. Did too heavy a dodge (almost to completely white checking the mask box). Really didn't look too bad until I applied and went on. That's when it showed up too white.

Then I tried varying the strength and opacity. Worked much better using 'less'. The attached photo I dodged the 3 lights on the building and the man lower right I did a bit on the bottom of his shirt.

Attachments

Tennie, your art turned out terrific.
Thanks for checking out the dodge issue. I failed to keep an eye on the TA5 mask. (Today, is the first day to use the new adjust) When the dodge effect looked right, I accepted it. The problem wasn't noticeable to me until I tried to add additional TA5 edits. Finally decided to settle the problem in PS. Now, I know to utilize the mask more closely.
Betty
21 posts Page 2 of 3