Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
_DSC0142-copy.jpg
_DSC0142-copy.jpg (110.96 KiB) Viewed 937 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!
It's Monday and time for some artistic submissions. I did a Topaz treatment to a colorful tree in the neighborhood.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I like taking photos of steps, doorways, shutters - especially when on holiday abroad. I wanted to use this photo in a write-up of my holiday but it lacked a bit of impact. I played around in the new Topaz Adjust. I used brash from the sylised menu and then blended my own sketch filter (from Toaz Simplify) into it. I like the result as I wasn't looking for photo realism.

Original
steps-original.jpg
steps-original.jpg (68.16 KiB) Viewed 934 times

Topazed version
steps.jpg
steps.jpg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
I really like the stairway.
Here's the original and two different things I did to it.

Beautiful art, Chas, Angela & Russ.
Russ, do you mind giving a little info about your processes. They turned out real nice!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
bjt wrote: Russ, do you mind giving a little info about your processes. They turned out real nice!

I'd be happy to do it. I can't remember exactly what I did.

I'll open CS5 and try doing it over. Then I'll get back to you with what I did.
The colored one was very simple. I opened it with CS5 and did what you see below.

I'm still working on the other one - can't get it the same.

Angela,

I love your processing of the steps. And I'm excited because I now have both Topaz Adjust and Simplify so I'll be able to try similar things myself.

Courtney
Chas,

Your pretty tree photo reminded me of some raking photos I took in October. I also Topaz-ed my shot.

Courtney

Attachments

Thanks for the kind comments Russ, Betty and Courtney.

Courtney - the combination was really a bit of luck. I have tried using it on other pictures but it hasn't worked so well. I am going to find a similar shot, though, and give it a go, just so I know whether the combination will have uses in the future.

Great picture of the autumn trees, Courtney. You will enjoy using Adjust and Simplify.
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
15 posts Page 1 of 2