Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
45 posts Page 2 of 5
This is our humble abode during a snowstorm this week (we had 2). I took it as a snapshot for the grandkids to see, but I think it's not too bad as a winter photo.

Here's an entry with more snow. It was dark [when I took the picture] but the moon was full and bright. Yes, that is the moon just out of the picture - top left. It was also very cold and windy.

You folks have all posted such wonderful photos on this thread. And, what a wonderful place to learn new techniques. I'm such a sissy :x about getting out in the cold that I'll just have to wait until late spring or summer to find new and different things to do with the camera.
I've been enjoying this thread. My photos come from a town activity we went to last week. A local catering company did an ice sculpture demonstration. First photo was near the beginning, second was almost done and the last was Rudolf all lit up and decorated. At the start it was nice and light, but by the time Rudolf was finished it was getting dark so I had to raise the ISO considerably. It took about an hour from start to finish and the only tools used were a chain saw and a chisel. My five year old grandson was totally absorbed for the whole hour.

Anita

Very nice shots, Anita. Well done.

A nearby town has a winter carnival in January; I always go to see and photograph the ice carvings. They ain't easy subjects. I'll be there again next month and hope I can do as well as you did.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. And everyone else's picture for that matter.

Yesterday and today, in SoCal, we received lots of rain along the coast - with snow in the mountains. I'm hoping it'll be clear in the morning so I can get some shots of snow covered mountains to post on this thread.
Irv & Russ - beautiful winter scenes

Anita - What talent the ice carver has - imagine creating art with something as bulky as a chain saw.
Thanks for sharing the series of fun photos. Super captures!

Weez, posting images from previous winters & holidays would be just as nice as current captures.
'Winter' is referring mainly to 'winter months', not necessarily to snow, etc type of images. Any image captured during the winter time period would fit nicely. Looking forward to your posts.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Russinator wrote: Yesterday and today, in SoCal, we received lots of rain along the coast - with snow in the mountains. I'm hoping it'll be clear in the morning so I can get some shots of snow covered mountains to post on this thread.

It did clear up this morning so I took a drive to my favorite spot for taking snow covered mountain photos. I was standing on the sand at Bolsa Chica State Beach when I took this picture. BTW: those houses are about a mile from where I was standing and the mountains are about 60 miles away.

I love Christmas lights!.jpg
I love Christmas lights!.jpg (59.34 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Playing around moving my camera in shapes with Christmas lights.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Christell, that is very clever. I'll have to give it a try.
45 posts Page 2 of 5