Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
_DSC0056-copy.jpg
_DSC0056-copy.jpg (108.53 KiB) Viewed 957 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" Show us what you've got.

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!
Would you buy a used car from this duck? This Monday's art is neon in genre. It's the Lucky Duck from Lucky Duck Used Cars.....now defunct. Topaz Adjust was used in this submission.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
MaM_Caldlesticks.jpg
MaM_Caldlesticks.jpg (133.74 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Used Topaz B&W Effects; started with one of the presets within the "toned collection" and then blundered along tweaking it 8-)

I like the Lucky Duck.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Good start for this week, Chas and Rusty.

Mary's photo in the Show & Tell thread inspired me to try "painting" one of my snowy landscape pictures from last year, using Topaz. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I like it enough.

Courtney

Attachments

Ohh, I REALLY like that, Courtney!! :thumbsup: Do you remember what Topaz you used?

Mary
It's not exactly what I'm looking for

Don't know what you were looking for, but that looks pretty darned good to me!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks. As for how I created it... well.... I didn't save the psd (of course) but I did a Topaz Adjust layer with something like Classic Photo Pop or the HDR Light Pop Grunge to bring out the colors. Then I copied that layer and used Simplify to do an oil painting. Then I copied the Pop layer again and I think I might have done Simplify watercolor and lowered the opacity a lot. But I discarded a couple layers in the process so I can't be sure that is exactly what I used in the end.

Courtney
My original

With a Smudge Stick Filter

Beautiful art! Love yours, Courtney. Russ, I think the original is perfect.

Played with this watusi for a painted look. Dry brush, cutout, Topaz and a couple of filters.

Attachments

8 posts Page 1 of 1