Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
102 posts Page 10 of 11
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
bjt wrote: Tennie, I'm surprised that your area needs rain. Seems like only a few weeks ago that the news was reporting that there were rain storms quite frequently there. But, time flies, so it might have been last spring or early summer & now all that good rain has evaporated.

Yep, storms all over Florida----except missed us but for a slight drizzle. Had almost half an inch a few days ago which really isn't nearly enough.

However, Spring is arriving a couple of weeks early. Trees are budding and starting to leaf out. Some rain would really get things moving.

BJ, love the colors in your rock photo.
I really like your rock photo.Betty. There is another photo within that photo. A cropping of the plant shadow on the rock can also be an effective image IMO.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: I really like your rock photo.Betty. There is another photo within that photo. A cropping of the plant shadow on the rock can also be an effective image IMO.
Chas

Good eye, Chas. I went back and had another look and I agree completely. The shadow and the reflection of the rock in the puddle... a portrait crop would be a neat picture too.

Courtney
I went for a walk along the river today and knocked off a couple more of my 8. I think I'll get them all this month.

Courtney

I don't know the art definition of still life... but this stump was very still.
stump still life S.jpg
stump still life S.jpg (95.72 KiB) Viewed 380 times

Another entry for rock.
rocks 2 S.jpg
rocks 2 S.jpg (156.75 KiB) Viewed 380 times

partial S.jpg
partial S.jpg (183.33 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Tennie, Chas & Courtney, thanks for the comments. I love the suggestions for different crops. I will definitely do both.

Courtney. I really like your still life. The calm water and the colors of your rocks image are very nice. The partial is so clever :rotfl

Congratulations on posting all 8 - & to whomever has also accomplished all 8. :toast:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Well, with the exception of "your choice", this finishes me...
Rusty

Attachments

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty - good idea for partial!!

Betty, thank you. :)

Courtney
It's the last day of the month so I'll take the opportunity to post another "streak". This greeted me this AM when I went out to do my bird feeder routine...

Rusty

Attachments

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
This may be cheating, but I thought it was a great idea.

My last entry for rock is/are 3 pictures I took off the TV show:

As most of you know, Alcatraz was also known as "The Rock"

Rusty, nice partial moon shot. I had been waiting for a con trail for streak, but I never caught one. Your's is sure bright.

Russ, fun idea for Rock! I've seen it from the SF to Sausalito ferry, but never toured it. There was a 2 week waiting list when I tried several years back. They must be making big tourist bucks from the tours.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
102 posts Page 10 of 11