Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
my-world.jpg
my-world.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!
I'm starting off this Monday with a photo project from the PSE Technique monthly magazine.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas your world looks great. Draws me right in.
robin2.jpg
robin2.jpg (87.56 KiB) Viewed 640 times

Basic art from me. I went to a lot of trouble to get this photo of a robin in focus - then I decided to tweak it a bit with Simplify to give it a bit of a painterly feel. I have also added a vignette effect in LensEffect. I used it as my January calendar picture
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
My original Photo

Using CS5's Cutout filter with the settings of 4-4-2

I did the PSE mag tut as well. DIdn't have a pano I liked, so made one from a silhouette image by duplicating and flipping. The result reminds me of a butterfly rather than a planet.
ExoticButterfly.jpg
ExoticButterfly.jpg (116.86 KiB) Viewed 634 times

and here's the original that's weyird,don't know why reposted butterfly, only tree showing when I preview.
ExoticButterfly.jpg
ExoticButterfly.jpg (116.86 KiB) Viewed 634 times

Attachments

Those are pretty cool orbs. Fun.

I revisited something described by Christell about four years ago... Adjust sharpness of sketch
MaM_9313.jpg
MaM_9313.jpg (172.03 KiB) Viewed 633 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Interesting art!!! Love your world Chas and Linda's exotic butterflies are great. Angela, I'd love to see that robin 'in person'. It's so very different than our robins, more colorful/beautiful. Russ, spectacular sunset.

Rusty, I read that tut earlier tonight as I was going through some of the old ones here and on other sites. Worked well with Chris.

Have to cut comments...forbidden!!!!

Attachments

What a great variety of art so far.

I used a texture and Topaz. The photo was taken in southern Alberta near the end of our drive home from Wisconsin.

Courtney

Attachments

yes you are all making me itch to create. Love the art so far.
Linda that looks like a beautiful butterfly ( i think i would make it into a brush.)
WOW! A lot of creative things being posted here this week. The "my world" photo was not made from a pano. It was made from one photo. I actually had to make it from two differently named copies from two
different computer locations.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
10 posts Page 1 of 1