Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Snowball fights, skiing, sledding, warming up by the fire and even just gazing upon a peaceful snowfall are just a few of our favorite wintertime activities. Snap a photo of your Winter Escape for a chance to win a $25 PrestoPhoto gift card!

http://www.prestophoto.com/contests/299

Looking forward to seeing entries from this group!

:cheer2:
Thanks Amy. Hopefully after last months results it doesn't stop people from entering.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I hope not, Kim! We are trying to improve community voting by preventing Spam and sorting the entries by entry date instead of votes. We may also start shortening the window for entry and allowing more time for voting. If you have suggestions on how to improve, please let me know!
I honestly have no idea how to improve it. The problem seems to be that people are obviously having family and friends join PrestoPhoto to vote for them. That happens on a lot of sites contest unfortunately. The only way I have seen that avoided was on sites that the voting with done through a forum pole and if if you hadn't made at least 10 post (I think it was 10, maybe 25) on the forum to be able to vote. I have no clue how that could be done on a site contest like PrestoPhoto. We just have to hope that people will be honest in the contest. May when a contest is started in the description add a note about being fair and not asking you friends and family to join just so they can vote for you.

I know that with our little contest here even with no prizes, some have felt like people are picking winners by people that contribute more on the forum than others regardless of how deserving an image or page is of winning. You are always going to have to deal with favoritism over actual work unfortunately.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, thanks for the feedback. I am wondering if we can reserve voting powers to users who have uploaded content to PrestoPhoto or something like that. You have given me a lot to think about!
Instead of voting, you could be the judge, Amy. Or Spider. Someone, or a panel of judges, who can not enter the contest.

Courtney
Good idea Courtney. We use to do that here with our contest before PrestoPhoto set up the contest format they have now. Amy or Spider picking a panel of judges from PrestoPhoto members that have not entered would be a good solution. But then again like we had here on the forum, all members wanted to be able to vote.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi all,

I have entered a couple photos into the contest. If you have the time, please take a look and if you think any of them are worthy, please vote!

Courtney
:thanks:
off to check it out!
wow there are some beautiful winter escapes in the contest.
15 posts Page 1 of 2