Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
38 posts Page 1 of 4
It's "Make Art Monday!"

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

NOTE: You may post your art through out the week. It is just a push to get you to go in and try something new. Remember you can post as many times as you want and it doesn't have to be just on Monday. Brushes, patterns, gradients,abstracts anything you want. So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

posted for Chas
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Here's a fine looking young lady...
Corbis-42-18054275.jpg
Corbis-42-18054275.jpg (103.02 KiB) Viewed 891 times

...and, thanks to a little PSE Magic, she's really hot.
Corbis-42-MaM.jpg
Corbis-42-MaM.jpg (108.87 KiB) Viewed 891 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
What a lovely piece of artmork Rusty. The choice of photo goes good with the treatment you gave it.
Love it, Rusty!
That's hot allright! I like it, Rusty.

My art is cold. This is an ice carving of Jack's magic beanstalk, but you can't tell that in the photo. Even in the original it's hard to see the leaves, twisted vines, Jack's house at the bottom, clouds at the top, and the giant's castle. But I really liked how the setting sun was shining through it, illuminating the ice sculpture.

Courtney

Attachments

Impressive effect, Rusty

Nice shot, Courtney - I can see the house at the bottom of the beanstalk. Great lighting.

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Thanks for the comments on my Hot Chick :biggrin:

Your ice carving image is excellent, Courtney. I know from experience at Waukesha JanBoree how difficult that subject can be.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I worked on the original photo for the Topaz Software Group's Clouds and Sky Challenge. I carried on working on the image to produce this 'arty' effect.

This is a combination of Topaz Adjust, Simplify and Detail with a little bit of Star effects for good measure.

bamburgh-sky.jpg
bamburgh-sky.jpg (88.69 KiB) Viewed 871 times

Angela
It took eight attempts to post that image. It wasn't until I retyped the comments that I was finally not 'Forbidden'. Going to bed now!

Angela
Interesting effect Rusty

Courtney, I can see some of the details you mentioned. The late afternoon lighting produces a beautiful glow throughout the lovely sculpture.

Angela, really beautiful art. Thanks for sharing your approach. It is so sad how much trouble 'forbidden' is causing for no good reason at all :? . It was good of you to be so determined to post.
btw: Your posts are always so nice, would you considered posting larger 640 px images with a Flickr link, using the 'Img' button in the Reply dialogue box?
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
38 posts Page 1 of 4