Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Posted for Chas who is away dealing with a dreadful chair.

It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

This is just a little push to encourage your trying something new. You may post as many times as you wish throughout the week. Brushes, patterns, gradients, abstracts or anything that pleases you.

Old Farm Equpiment by BJ USA, on Flickr
composite of a variety of blend modes

for larger view, click on image above, then click on the image which opens up in Flickr
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Excellent Betty.
Looks like ghost equipment. Inspired art!
Got in a silly mood and just played around with this one.

flower and buds
I was trying out a tutorial on the mixer brushes in CS5 yesterday. It was about using these brushes to make a painting from a photo. However I don't have a grain of painting or drawing ability and found it hard to get a good result - so I tried to bury my mistakes!

This one is just has a blended background and texture added to the 'painting'.

paint-from-a-photo.jpg
paint-from-a-photo.jpg (94.52 KiB) Viewed 897 times

BTW that is me starring in the picture.
Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Then I got into fiddle mode and blended various backgrounds finishing off with a blend of two Topaz BW images. I probably fiddled too much - as you do but here it is anyway.
portrait-blend-2.jpg
portrait-blend-2.jpg (238.95 KiB) Viewed 897 times

Great art so far this week. Love the flower offerings and, Betty, your treatment of the farm equipment is effective and unusual
Tennie, nice treatment of a pretty bloom. I really like the gold tone grungy frame.

Angela -- well, I feel like I'm finally meeting you. Your happy portrait is very nice. The tones & texture are lovely. The brush strokes worked out nicely.
Your portrait blended with music is lovely. It gives the impression that you are a musician or have a great appreciation of music.

Judy, Tennie & Angela - I appreciate you nice comments --- thanks

Irv - nice photo art,
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
bjt wrote: Angela -- well, I feel like I'm finally meeting you. Your portrait blended with music is lovely. It gives the impression that you are a musician or have a great appreciation of music.

Thanks, Betty. Sadly the music is a red herring! I am tone deaf and my husband's feet will vouch for the fact that I have no sense of rhythmn either.

Angela
Angela, I like your painting! I don't have CS so I don't know what mixer brushes are, but I've often wished there was a way for me to simply brush over a photo to make it look painted. I'm not saying what you did was simple, I'm just saying I wish there was an easy way!

Here's a shot I took the other day. When I saw the clouds, I thought they'd be good for Topaz processing. I did a couple filters and layers and ended up with this.

Courtney

Attachments

12 posts Page 1 of 2