Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
113 posts Page 9 of 12
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Yes, Courtney, the dog is lifting its leg!

To me the sculpture is completely out of place. I liked the railway bridge as it was! Mind you, I don't understand modern art either. I like pictures to look like something I can recognise.

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Time is running out so I had better get a couple more photos submitted.

We went out for an early run on Saturday. Unfortunately it was very foggy but I got this shot.

early.jpg
early.jpg (71.33 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Sunday started misty but got out to be a glorious day - unless you wanted to sail. There was no wind. Some members spent time washing their boats.

wet.jpg
wet.jpg (151.9 KiB) Viewed 464 times
The mist was clearing and the river was glassy calm when this barge appeared. This is my image of choice this month.

calm.jpg
calm.jpg (130.85 KiB) Viewed 464 times

Well, after a slow start, that is 7 pictures. Now if I could just find something Irish...
I really like your "fog pictures", Angela.

I have tried shooting in fog on several occasions ... sometimes with good effect; sometimes not so good. I think the inclusion of the sun in the first image is what "makes it".

Rusty :thumbsup:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thank you Judy & Angela.
Judy, Your restoration image (Daddy-O in the gallery) turned out great. The frame works well with it.
Courtney, Chris sure has a big supply of colorful legos. His projects show a lot of creativity.
Mary. beautiful Rhododendron bloom. Real nice capture.
Angela, I especially like the image of the fog with a dead tree, but all 3 are terrific.

early spring storm: The clouds close to the horizon were visible from early morning until late afternoon. They seemed to be glued to the horizon. Late afternoon, strong winds blew in from the north & broke those clouds into large chunks, which lifted & blew away. The whole clouds thing was fascinating all day.
sh-early-0312.jpg
sh-early-0312.jpg (110.72 KiB) Viewed 458 times

this is a 2-fer: unseasonable & wet: Anytime that this area has 6 inches of rain in a 24 hour period, it seems unseasonable. All the rain was a good & bad event. There was localized flooding with damage for some folks. However, the lakes & reservoirs are looking a lot better.
Last summer, the ranchers were suffering because their cattle were starving. This spring, due to the sufficient rain, the pastures are green & the cattle are eating so much that some are developing bloat.
sh-unseasonable-0312.jpg
sh-unseasonable-0312.jpg (161.15 KiB) Viewed 458 times

Red pollen baskets on this bee seem bizarre. Aren't they usually yellow?
sh-bizarre-0311.jpg
sh-bizarre-0311.jpg (169.22 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
letter 'p' - perched & performing
mocking bird by BJ USA, on Flickr
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Wow, Betty, four very good ones in a row.
The bird is an especially good catch, you never know what you're going to get with those flitty little guys (unless you are working with a fat, slow dove).

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
No time to comment yet on all these new posts, but here is mine for unseasonable. I was hoping to get unseasonably warm, but had to settle for the opposite. This is a bit of a stretch, because snow in March is pretty normal for Calgary. But the temperature was below normal, so I'm using this view out my back door taken this morning.

Courtney

Attachments

Angela i love the fog photo. Sure sends out a feeling.
Betty what a fantastic string of photos . The boy and girl statue is my favorite. But the bird is awesome.
Courtney i have always wanted a trellis. What is growing up them?
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
113 posts Page 9 of 12