Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
113 posts Page 11 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Russ, love the line of pelicans.

Mary, thanks for the nice comments & I appreciate the information about the bee. I know zero about them, except they sting.

Love the Raging River image with the greenery-topped rock in the middle. Rock stacking sounds interesting. I would kind of like to try it.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
happysnappy wrote: Judy, I'm not sure why they stack the rocks - maybe just because it's cool looking, like you said. We participated one time and it was kind of like doing a puzzle - trying to get things to fit. I looked up the meaning of rock stacking and one explanation was that in some native cultures it was seen as a symbol of a protective entity.

Mary

Mary i am gonna stick with cool looking. It can not be an easy thing to do.
Angela, I think no apology is needed for adding the sun into the fog picture. On the contrary, I'm glad you let us know so we can think of doing cool stuff like that too.

Judy, those dried vines are clematis plants on my trellises. They thrive, even facing north and shaded most of the time, which is fortunate because many of the things I plant die. :crying:

Betty - what great wildlife photos, the mocking bird and the bee. I thought the pollen baskets looked like 2 ladybugs hitching a ride. How unusual!

I decided to take my camera grocery shopping with me to accomplish the Irish theme. You may not be able to read it at the 500 pixel size, but one of the stews contains "formed meat chunks." Yummmmmmmy! :P Don't tell anyone, but the lamb leg is from New Zealand.

Courtney

Attachments

I think I can claim to have gotten all 8 this month if I call this last one my choice and early. It was taken early in the month, the first shooting I did in March. It is me and my husband snow shoeing. Why I didn't think to move my backpack out of the picture, I don't know. :doh: I used a neat little Gorilla pod tripod, one of those bendy ones and wrapped it around a small tree trunk to hold my p&s so I could be in the shot too.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney looks like you have so much fun!
Courtney, thanks for the nice comments.
I sure like how you inserted the smaller images into the larger one for your Irish captures.

The photo of you & your DH is terrific. Your processing adds a lot as well.
(I've been wanting one of those nifty tripods)

-----------------
Congrats to those who posted all of the March 8. :cheer2:

for some reason, posting 8 sounds so easy, but sometimes it turns out not to be so :D
Betty
Good photos, Courtney. Love all the photos taken this month. I didn't get all posted, but I did get them all taken...just couldn't summon the energy to get them on.

This is posted a day late but was taken yesterday...my choice for March.

barn owls
Tennie love the owls. Seeing details up close is a real treat.
Judy, Betty and Tennie, thank you. The gorilla pod was a gift from my DH for Christmas. He got me a little bitty one for the p&s and a larger one that will work with my dslr.

Tennie, those owls are so beautiful! Very good photo of them.

Courtney

Oh yes, about rock stacking - Chris and I do that. It's fun if you like to build. We usually try to make inukshuks.
Tennie, I sure am glad you felt up to posting the beautiful owls image.
Betty
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
113 posts Page 11 of 12