Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
113 posts Page 10 of 12
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Courtney - I think we have got your hoped-for unseasonably warm weather. We have had temperatures of 20-22 deg C (it is usually around 9 deg C) for the last few days. We have been sitting outside in the sun in shorts and summer tops. And this is March! This is probably our summer.

Betty - what a great set of images. The bird is outstanding. I would love to get a shot like that.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Now, do I tell? Rusty - I have to admit that the sun in the fog picture is a bit of artistic licence. I added it afterwards with Topaz Star Effects. (Hangs head in shame.)

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
I added it afterwards with Topaz Star Effects. (Hangs head in shame.)

Hello! The name of this site is Photoshop Creative Elements. That's a great job of effective artistic license.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thank you all for wonderful comments.

Angela -- how creative to add the sun --- well done!

I might be posting another unseasonable soon -- we're expecting 90 degrees (32 C) in a few days :x Where did the brief spring go? :crying:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
May starts soon:
In case anyone would like to start planning captures, this will be the list.
Thanks to Courtney for her help

anything with the letter E

anything coffee

package

special

healthy

abundant

priceless

choice photo captured during the April
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty, thanks for posting the new subjects. Now I can think about what might work.

Here's another one for this month's "P" selection - pelicans in flight.

Russ that is awesome getting a photo of pelicans. Beautiful!
ladybug wrote: Russ that is awesome getting a photo of pelicans. Beautiful!

Judy, thanks for the kind words. They are very common around the beaches where I spend my time.

One evening, around 40 years ago, I was watching the TV news, they said pelicans were close to being extinct that there were only 50 left in California. The next day, as I was boating towards Point Conception, a flock of pelicans flew over us - there had to be over 100 of them in that group. That was the day I realized that not everything you hear on the TV news is actually the way it is.
Angela, your barge photo looks like an impressionist painting to me - very nice!

Betty, loved your bee photo. DH said it was the "Italian" species and the pollen sacks were that color because that was the color of the pollen they got - coulda' fooled me.... I'm excited because we're getting our very own bee hives in April!

Courtney, we've had snow here recently, too, and we never have snow here in March. It didn't seem to stick, though, so was unable to get a photo of it.

Russ, nice shot of pelicans.

Choice of Subject: This was quickly snapped on the Raging River near Issaquah, WA, last weekend. We were visiting friends who had done rock stacking there. This is photo #8.
Subject of Choice.jpg
Subject of Choice.jpg (206.62 KiB) Viewed 484 times

Mary
Ok now just why were they stacking rocks? It is very cool looking.
Judy, I'm not sure why they stack the rocks - maybe just because it's cool looking, like you said. We participated one time and it was kind of like doing a puzzle - trying to get things to fit. I looked up the meaning of rock stacking and one explanation was that in some native cultures it was seen as a symbol of a protective entity.

Mary
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
113 posts Page 10 of 12