Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
so I made this tonight. I used template #311 from Tiggconn's Scrap Designs. (Tamara Anderson) http://tiggconnsscraplayouts.blogspot.com

Irv, your ''Early Spring' blooms page is beautiful.

It would be nice to have an ongoing thread for pages on Tuesday or any other day.

Irv, would you be interested in considering establishing a thread in place of the old Tuesday Templates? However, rather than a specified template or theme, one would post whatever type of page they wish.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thank you, Irv. That's a nice template and you made an excellent page with it.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
IRV i also miss it. What awesome pink tulips. Your page is fantastic.!
Beautiful page Irv.

We can start the Tuesday Templates again if everyone is willing to pitch in on it with the original concept we started it with in that it beginning Tuesday Template Tag. Someone do a template for the week and tag someone else for the following week. The Template Tuesday went into hibernation because mostly Julie was the only one posting them and it got to a point that only one or two people where posting layouts from them. It didn't seem to be worth the time and effort for the few contributing templates to post them.

If everyone is game to give it shot and create templates to contribute I would be happy to post one for next week and tag someone or take a volunteer for the following week. I would also be willing to post a template at least once a month in the rotations. I am sure I can get Julie to contribute at least once a month as well. I think she actually had a few saved up to post when we stopped. Don't be afraid to push yourself to create template. It is easy. Plus I have seen many of you do pages without templates so all you have to do it take that inspiration and make it blank shapes in place of your elements and photos.

Next week would be a great time to start back up and see everyone's Easter and Spring photos.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
What do you think of having an ongoing free-style page thread? That way no one needs to be responsible for creating templates, which might be a difficult chore for some.

I don't know for sure, but maybe, the reason the Tuesday Template thread finally quit was because sometimes sticking with a specified template is very difficult & a bit restrictive for creativity.

It would be interesting to hear what other members feel about pages & templates.

thanks for all that you do for the forum

Betty
Betty
I loved template tuesdays. But here is what i propose. I would like to start a thread that can be on going like the joke thread. One where you can post your pages and if you want a how you did it or a template. No one would be responsible for the thread or feel obligated to having to do something. I have a template and a page ready if you all would like it. I will start a thread for showing pages - and if you choose how tos or templates.
Sounds like a good alternative to the templates. I say go for it.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Judy,
It would be difficult for me to create a template that others would enjoy working with, so the type of pages thread that you are proposing would be much easier for someone like me.
I would try to post a page or a montage from time to time, as I learn how to create them.
Montages would be OK on the thread, wouldn't they?
Betty
Judy, I like that idea for a thread.
11 posts Page 1 of 2