Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
68 posts Page 4 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Rusty, Judy, Tennie, and Courtney - thanks for the nice comments on the bees. Rusty, I'll try to post a few more photos and news of the bees' activities as the year progresses. We spotted a few flowers coming up today, so that's a good sign.

Mary
Angela, your Micklegate montage is excellent. A lot of interesting things to see in one image.
Hope to see more from you soon.

Rusty, a terrific set of 8 ! --- & you posted all so quickly.

Mary, Outstanding bee journal -- so informative. Wonderful captures. Yes, the group does look like aliens, but I can't imagine handling bees without wearing protective gear. Is the suit hot to wear?

Congrats to both Rusty & Mary for posting all 8 :thumbsup: while a lot of us are just getting started (me, for example).

I have most of my 8, but still in the camera.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks, Betty. As time is running out I thought I had better contribute. A few of these have been sitting in the camera for a while.

This one is for abundant. Lots of people enjoying the riverside on a lovely sunny day. (This was taken in early April - we haven't seen the sun since then!)

abundant-1.jpg
abundant-1.jpg (181.91 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Anything coffee. Not being a coffee drinker I have had to settle for a montage of coffee-related signs

coffee-1.jpg
coffee-1.jpg (186.78 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Anything with E

This is a busker playing a double-base (on the same sunny day as the earlier photo)

double-base.jpg
double-base.jpg (107.67 KiB) Viewed 551 times
For me this is priceless! A picture of my grandaughter taken last Sunday

priceless.jpg
priceless.jpg (118.92 KiB) Viewed 551 times
This is number six, my choice for April, and probably my last offering this month. Also taken last Sunday. It was our sailing club's Open Day. We had heavy rain, no wind, high river levels with a strong current and very few visitors! However our son and his crew ventured out and managed to find a gentle breeze.

own-choice.jpg
own-choice.jpg (154.19 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Angela, all are so well done. Your priceless grand daughter is beautiful.
The lake & riverside look so inviting & the busker looks like he is enjoying the day.
Terrific coffee montage (love the tones).
Betty
Just found this mockingbird nest a couple of days ago. Another egg was added yesterday.
They look healthy right now. I hope the cats, etc don't discover them.
(It sure was awkward sticking my head & camera into the stiff branches, so I wasn't able to get the best result.)
sh-healthy-egg-0412.jpg
sh-healthy-egg-0412.jpg (115.76 KiB) Viewed 540 times

sh-special-0412.jpg
sh-special-0412.jpg (233.78 KiB) Viewed 540 times

A special aluminum rig was temporarily added to the yaupon to discourage climbing predators.
The little arrow shows where the nest is. I had to stand on a stool & balance, etc to shoot into the area.
(That is not a snake on the ground. It is part of drip irrigation.)
Betty
Angela -priceless-you bet! So beautifully done also. Betty oh my gosh i can not believe you found those eggs! I would have not thought about it. But your 2nd picture really let me see a birds eye view. I hope they stay safe also.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
68 posts Page 4 of 7