Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Rusty - we had to stand outside in the rain for the start of our Easter Vigil - no shirtsleeves for us! I always find the phrase 'a light divided but undimmed' very powerful when we all light our candles from the Easter candle.

Great squirrel image, Betty. Grey squirrels are considered a menace in the UK as they compete with our smaller red squirrels and carry a virus which kills the reds. Fortunately there are some areas where the reds are thoroughly protected and are thriving. We have greys visiting our 'bird' feeders and we all enjoy their antics.

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Really nice squirrel image, Betty!! Will have to look into Filter Forge one of these days.

Russ, thanks for the heads up on the free CS6 beta in last week's Monday Art.

This is a boat run-aground :) next to a local seafood restaurant. Used Topaz Simplify Watercolor.
r 005watercolor3.jpg
r 005watercolor3.jpg (143.97 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Mary
As I was looking for something to work on and enter in this art thread I found a copy of my Fire Department Retirement Card so I dropped in in CS6 and played around with the filters. The results were, in my opinion, mostly funny.

Rusty, --- about squirrels with bad teeth - I've had them chew through (from outside to inside) in a cabin I once owned. I also had a cedar home that they continually considered big tree to climb on & chase each other -- especially a dawn :twisted: I was reluctant to go away on vacations, because I was concerned that they would chew up the house while I was away.

Tennie, thanks for the comments.
Angela, thanks for the comments. Your info is interesting about grey squirrels. I don't believe I've seen one in this area (Texas).

Mary, Love your beautiful watercolor -- with the happy daffodils & colorful boat & rocks.
Thanks for your comment.

Russ, Maybe you could print your jazzed up Fire Department Retirement Card & show it for ID. It would be fun to see folks reaction.

fwiw: things are too quiet on the forum for the past few days :crying:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Speaking of squirrels....BJ, what we have are mostly grey squirrels, some fox squirrel also but they're not seen around houses. Yes, the greys will occasionally climb on the house to the roof especially if aided by a nearby tree, but we've never seen any evidence of 'chewing'. So maybe the problem is in the different kind of squirrels y'all have.

On the other hand, they ARE rodents (but cute and fun to watch in Rusty's yard).

squirrel.jpg
squirrel.jpg (217.46 KiB) Viewed 707 times

This one had just exited a trash can with his breakfast. Didn't care that people were walking all around him...just enjoyed.
Russ your id card looks "cool". Tennie are you trying to soften my heart for the little guys?
16 posts Page 2 of 2