Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
16 posts Page 1 of 2
_DSC0214.jpg
_DSC0214.jpg (74.51 KiB) Viewed 919 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"
My submission is of another rose from the garden. Topaz Adjust 5 and Nik HDR Efex Pro were used.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Beautiful rose, Chas. Nice processing.

Saturday night I shot the Easter Vigil Service at church. It starts outside around a fire; I end up deleting more than half the images ... handheld, all at f/1.8, ISO 640 with speeds ranging from 1/8th to 1/45th of a second. This particular one was at 1/30th.
DSC_0112 AS SHOT.jpg
DSC_0112 AS SHOT.jpg (127.86 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Elements can do wonderful things and, if a "white point" is selected (I used the shirt collar of the man in the top center) colors magically change.
DSC_0112 White Point.jpg
DSC_0112 White Point.jpg (122.82 KiB) Viewed 916 times

But, that's what it could have been. The actual view, illumination by the warm, orange glow of the fire, is reflected in the first image and I like that one better.

When we moved inside the church the first part of the service was conducted in the dark, the only light was from handheld candles. Because I had lost that bright firelight, my shutter speeds dropped significantly. This one was at 1/2 second and there is no way I can hold that steady, even with a monopod. Soooooooooooo, I cheated and used Paint Engine to add an impressionist effect.
MaM_0156.jpg
MaM_0156.jpg (91.12 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas beautiful flower and colors. Rusty wow i do agree what wonders can be done. Very nicely done.
Here is my art Dads 85th Birthday.
This week's Make Art Monday sure is starting off at a rapid pace.
Chas, the rose & treatment are beautiful.
Rusty, wonderful photography of the special service. PS tools can be so powerful --- one easy click can make an amazing difference. (Life is good)
Judy, fun & creative art of your Dad enjoying his gift.

a friendly squirrel
T. simplify & filter forge texture

In case Tennie sees this weeks thread:
tennie wrote: (Hope you weren't in the path of those storms yesterday. Missed our kids places but son said his area had a bad hail storm...still better than a tornado.)

Sorry your son had bad hail. My part of Denton County had rain & wind from a Tstorm which had tornadic rotation that never touched down --- for which I am very thankful (needless to say).
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty i just love the treatment you used. That little fella is cute but i still do not like squirrels they give me grief.
Judy, thank you. This squirrel roams around at the Dallas Arboretum (along with many others).
Thank goodness, he isn't in my yard. They give me grief also.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Picking on my fuzzy little friends!

Come on ... give the little guys a break. :bigwink:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
ha ha you bet Rusty. Just let him get in my scope.(if i had one). He/she does a lot of house damage. However cute they are. Can you say squirrel fry.
Wow, wonderful art so far!

Rusty, I'm with you...outside of eating all the bird seed I've never had a problem with squirrels. Now chipmunks are another matter, we did have them cause problems with their tunneling.
bjt wrote: In case Tennie sees this weeks thread:
tennie wrote: (Hope you weren't in the path of those storms yesterday. Missed our kids places but son said his area had a bad hail storm...still better than a tornado.)

Sorry your son had bad hail. My part of Denton County had rain & wind from a Tstorm which had tornadic rotation that never touched down --- for which I am very thankful (needless to say).

So glad you were safe. Tis a horrible feeling whenever/wherever these disasters hit, but so much worse when there are family and friends in those areas!
16 posts Page 1 of 2