Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
70 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
What a beautiful child, Angela. You did her justice with this image.

I'll bet a paraglider would be fun. But..... I'll pass.

Nice bamboo perspective, Tennie.

My Muse still isn't cooperating for this month's Eight. Sooooooooooo, I went down to my favorite part of town for a photo walk, Milwaukee's Third Ward. Maybe something would pique my interest. Going to the Third Ward and expecting to find a convenient parking place is an exercise in fantasy!
Fantasy.jpg
Fantasy.jpg (124.16 KiB) Viewed 697 times

But, after you find a spot, the whole area is supposedly "historic". I don't have much use for the local groups who fight every attempt to make the slightest change to any of these buildings. If it's old it is, by definition, "historic". Nevertheless, this very ordinary looking building must be a landmark. Hey, the name of the building says so!
Landmark.jpg
Landmark.jpg (132.66 KiB) Viewed 697 times

If you pass thru the Third ward you come to Milwaukee's Riverwalk. There is at least one fantasy statue here:
Fantasy Character.jpg
Fantasy Character.jpg (118.51 KiB) Viewed 697 times

And............ I still have four to go.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
An entry for security. This morning there was a military "show me" happening with a parade in the early afternoon. These motor police were there to lead the tanks and other military vehicles to the parade grounds.

An entry for military. This morning we went to a military "show me" The kids were allowed to climb all over the vehicles and even inside the tanks. Here's a kid either getting in the tank or climbing back out.

As I was taking this photo I overheard someone say that it's an APC.

The APC was on it's way to the parade when I took this picture.

Am really liking all of this month's photos!!!

Rusty, that's a neat looking layout for the landmark photo - cute ideas for fantasy, also.

Russ, I admire your security and military photos. Am finding it difficult to get good shots of either a security guard or a soldier - may have to use a substitute word for this one....

Mary
Mary, thanks for the kind words. I lucked out with the military posts.
Flight: Same airline as mine taking off from the Seattle airport last week. The following photos are from a few days spent in Las Vegas.
flight.jpg
flight.jpg (172.55 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Fantasy: All of LV appears to be a fantasyland!!
fantasy2.jpg
fantasy2.jpg (201.51 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Substitute for Landmark - Logo:
Logo.jpg
Logo.jpg (195 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Something that turns you off: Was on the walkway between Ceasar's and Bellagio and trying to photograph through the plexiglass wall when I noticed that someone had scratched big letters in the plexiglass. However, I'm sure there are more trangressions going on here than just scribbling on plexiglass! :)
don't like.jpg
don't like.jpg (204.07 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Perspective: Ceasar's complex covers 48 acres, and it was not easy to find your way around the place. Here is one of many escalators taken.
perspective.jpg
perspective.jpg (205.46 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Substitute for Military: Wet: The fountains at the Bellagio.
wet.jpg
wet.jpg (164.37 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Baby: This is from the botanical garden at the Bellagio - lots of manmade stuff here in addition to some plants!
baby.jpg
baby.jpg (166.16 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Choice of the Month: Was surprised to see gaming happening in one of the swimming pools at Ceasar's! :shock:
chosen image.jpg
chosen image.jpg (183.86 KiB) Viewed 686 times

That makes 8. As always, the "treasure hunt" was a lot of fun!

Mary
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
70 posts Page 5 of 7