Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
70 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
What a great selection of "eight", Mary.
You deserve extra credit for putting them together around one theme.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
You all are doing so well. I'm enjoying the photos a lot.

I'm trying to catch up...I've had the shots, just haven't had time/energy to work with them. But here goes.

Something I dislike, ligustrum blossoms. Ok, nice shrub/hedge/tree and pretty when it blooms, BUT I can't stand the smell of the flowers...it makes me almost ill.
ligustrum.jpg
ligustrum.jpg (180.73 KiB) Viewed 729 times

Next is for flight. Perhaps not the best choice, but one I got last week. A green heron taking off over the water.
flight.jpg
flight.jpg (224.91 KiB) Viewed 729 times

And now--fantasy. When I saw the lamp post and umbrella I wanted my hubby to get on the base, grab the pole and umbrella and start 'singing in the rain'. My 77 year 10.5 month old hubby let me know that would remain a fantasy!

Attachments

This is my choice for the month leaving just the landmark which may have to remain left (we'll see).

dig in progress
Substitute for landmark, thus ending the 8 for May.

Banyan tree roots entrapping a statue.
help, I'm trapped
tennie wrote: Substitute for landmark, thus ending the 8 for May.

Banyan tree roots entrapping a statue.
help, I'm trapped

This is so neat!
Ah, cool overgrown statue.

Went shopping today with DW. You can see what we were doing.
Perspective.jpg
Perspective.jpg (129.17 KiB) Viewed 716 times

She made all the selections, I was the beast of burden.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty i sure am thinking about getting a few flowers. I have no green thumb but you all really inspire me.
I am really enjoying all the photos posted so far this month! I have been shooting this last week or so, but, like Tennie, haven't been able to process any of them. But tonight I decided to grab these 2 to start with.

This is what I'd own, a million dollar plus vacation home in some cool place, such at this one at the Kicking Horse Mountain ski resort in British Columbia. Love its look and the setting. Ahh, in my dreams, my fantasy.
fantasy house S.jpg
fantasy house S.jpg (185.05 KiB) Viewed 709 times

Whenever I think of changing the perspective of my photos, I think the same thing - get low and shoot up. I'm very predictable. This is a chair-lift tower at the above mentioned ski area.
perspective S.jpg
perspective S.jpg (121.82 KiB) Viewed 709 times

Courtney
Courtney i agree that is a dream home! I love the perspective you shot on the chair lift . You gave me the idea of going out and shooting things from different perspectives i think this will be fun.
Very unusual and nicely done image of the trapped statue, Tennie.

The pathway extending from the nursery image looks great, Rusty. The photo was very good already, but the pathway really adds to it.

Beautiful lodge and great perspective, Courtney. I looked up the lodge to see if it was anywhere near Grand Forks, BC (which is just across the border from us in NE WA) and, unfortunately, it wasn't. My goal now is to visit Nelson, BC, sometime.

Mary
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
70 posts Page 6 of 7