Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
28 posts Page 2 of 3
I agree that this is a fun surprise. Here's my effort...
Crop 5-2-12.jpg
Crop 5-2-12.jpg (124.61 KiB) Viewed 492 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas, that HDR really does make it pop!
Rusty, was wondering if anyone would do the cigars. Nice job with the added graphics!

Here is my try. I have been very excited by the writing (lettering) of the text !
The crop has been enlarged 4 times using Faststone PhotoResizer (Lanczos upsizing algorithm). After that, I used smart blur, then a copy of the layer with cutout filter 50% opacity, overlay mode. That's the best rendering I could get for the letters.

Nice idea to start this challenge again !
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Tennie, I love what has happened with your photo on this thread. I was going to play with it a bit, but I have forgotten how to get to your photos on Pixentral. Could you refresh my memory, please?
Thanks,
Louise
Louise, just go back to the 1st post and click on the picture. That is a link to the larger photo on Pixentral. So glad you want to join in.

Michel, great to see you back. Hope we'll see you more now that your wedding albums are done. We've missed you.

Nice work on the lettering, now I can read what's there. A bit of history!
Michel, what an amazing result.

Thank you for telling us what you did. I immediately went and downloaded Faststone PhotoResizer.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wow, great results, everyone. I'm enjoying each one. Lot of variety :thumbsup:

Mine is not exciting, but it was a lot of fun. I started with a crop of the board sign on the sidewalk (top center). Boosted the contrast & saturated the color. Then started playing around with Mehdi kaleidoscope filter.

as you can tell, one needs to enlarge the canvas considerably, because the filter makes real large patterns, compared to the original.

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/english/kaleidoscope.htm

btw - I have something totally different to post tomorrow.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
tennie wrote: We haven't done a crop challenge in quite a while

"Quite a while" I guess! :-)
I've been here for over two years and I can't remember ever seeing one of these. I gather one takes the given picture, does some kind of crop and then goes crazy with it?

Anyway, here's what I came up with:

wow what totally different results . How neat.
Irv, glad you decided to join the crop challenge . Yes, there were many crop & show your imagination challenges in the past. They were a lot of fun, but eventually faded away, sort of like Template Tuesday did. :crying:
Hopefully, there will be another in the near future - maybe in a few weeks or so. :bigwink:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
28 posts Page 2 of 3